Recent

Author Topic: Hosting Preview Handlers - IPreviewHandler  (Read 4066 times)

PaulANormanNZ

Hosting Preview Handlers - IPreviewHandler
« on: December 21, 2017, 12:38:19 am »
Hi,

Has anyone had experience in embedding file content previews into Lazarus apps running under Windows?

I tried converting a Delphi unit to a Lazarus unit, - uHostPreview, provided over on ...

https://theroadtodelphi.com/2013/05/24/hosting-preview-handlers-in-delphi-vcl-applications/

... as part of an article called "Hosting Preview Handlers in Delphi VCL Applications" (May 24, 2013) by 'Rodrigo', but got stuck when the Lazarus Delphi converter could not (I'm only guessing) workout what to do with the requirement for the PropSys unit, and could not find a definition for IPreviewHandler

I was just guessing, because the AutomaticConversions.log didn't have much to say..

uHostPreview.pas Note: Replaced unit "Windows" with "LCLIntf, LCLType, LMessages" in uses section.
 Fatal: Conversion Aborted.     

I'm on Windows 8.1, I was on CodeTyphon - PilotLogic, but got a little uncomfortable at the growing diversion from the Lazarus source, and a few other unclear issues at times, and developing implications, and now I'm back to using straight Lazarus (and enjoying it!), and tried all this using Lazarus 1.8.0 r56594 (2017-12-03), FPC 3.0.4 x86_64-win64-win32/win64.

Are there any known alternatives, or fixes for this  IPreviewHandler sort of thing?

Or is there just a Type Library I need to create/import/use please?

TIA

Paul

ASerge

Re: Hosting Preview Handlers - IPreviewHandler
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 09:23:46 am »
You need to use your head :D
This work in Delphi 10.2 x32 and Lazarus 1.8.0 x64

PaulANormanNZ

Re: Hosting Preview Handlers - IPreviewHandler
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 04:03:23 am »
Great help thanks ASerge!

You need to use your head :D