Recent

Author Topic: Transparent fonts?  (Read 633 times)

LVZ

Transparent fonts?
« on: March 16, 2024, 02:59:41 am »
Fonts can have two colors in LazPaint, the solid/fill color and the outline/contour color. Is there any way to make the fill color transparent so the font's body is actually see-through while the outline color only remains? I see that setting the color opacity to zero works with many fonts but not all.

Another problem I have frequently is how to apply filters and effects to selected text only. No matter what I do, the filters and effects always apply to the entire image.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 03:45:16 am by LVZ »

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Transparent fonts?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 01:54:07 pm »
Fonts can have two colors in LazPaint, the solid/fill color and the outline/contour color. Is there any way to make the fill color transparent so the font's body is actually see-through while the outline color only remains? I see that setting the color opacity to zero works with many fonts but not all.

Just specify the opacity at the right when you choose the 'Pen' color. That works or not depends on the size of the text. If too small you will see the fill mixed with the outline.
Another problem I have frequently is how to apply filters and effects to selected text only. No matter what I do, the filters and effects always apply to the entire image.

Maybe create a new layer and select it? The filter will be applied to the selected layer.

LVZ

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 11:55:43 pm »
OK, I learned how to apply effects to fonts.

- Place the lettering all alone in a separate layer.
- Select that layer then magic wand.
- Click anywhere except on the lettering.
- Click Selection -> Invert.
- Choose, configure and apply the effects. Done.

Thank you for the help.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 12:58:07 pm »
Hi LVZ,

I am glad you found a way.

I am not sure to understand though the need to select the text. If the text is on a separate layer, the effects won't apply to the other layers. Maybe I am missing something here.

In all cases, welcome to LazPaint and the forum  :)
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 01:04:04 pm »
Hi LVZ,

I am glad you found a way.

I am not sure to understand though the need to select the text. If the text is on a separate layer, the effects won't apply to the other layers. Maybe I am missing something here.

In all cases, welcome to LazPaint and the forum  :)

Yes but for example if you render something, the text must be selected to apply the effect only in the text.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2024, 01:15:17 pm »
Indeed, like render wood for instance.
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

TinyPortal © 2005-2018