Recent

Author Topic: LazPaint, about "Maintaining Space key down switches temporarily in move mode"  (Read 396 times)

DanielAjoy

I started using Lazpaint 7.1.2 64bit

How does:

Maintaining Space key down switches temporarily in move mode

work exactly?

In Windows 10 when I press the Space key, and while I have it pressed, the mouse freezes and I can't move it.

I do notice that the icon bar changes and corresponds with the Move tool, but I can't move the mouse.

circular

• Personal webpage
Indeed that's a bug. Normally you are supposed to be able to click with the mouse and move the image.

It was supposedly fixed. On my Linux it works. Does someone else still has the problem?

What do you mean by "the mouse freezes"?
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

DanielAjoy

While I have the space bar down, and when I move the mouse cursor (I move my finger over my laptop's mousepad) it doesn't move on the screen. I expect it the arrow to move normally, but apparently having the space bar down blocks the mouse arrow.

As soon as I lift my finger from the space bar,  I can move the arrow again, but not in "move mode" .

lucamar

Have you tried connecting a real mouse? If it doesn't fail then it might be some queer interaction betweeen keyboard and mousepad in your specific hardware/controller mix.
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus 2.0.6/FPC 3.0.4 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

DanielAjoy

I confirm that the feature does work with a USB mouse, but not with the mousepad of a Toshiba laptop.

In ordinary operation, I never have a USB mouse connected to the laptop.

circular

• Personal webpage
Ok.

Well the other way to scroll is by holding the wheel button, but thatś probably not available either with the touchpad.

DanielAjoy

Right. My options at the moment are limited to using the USB mouse or switching back and forth between tool, and "move mode" by pressing H, constantly.

I didn't have this problem in Microsoft Paint because the canvas has scroll bars.

circular

• Personal webpage
Hmmm thatś an good argument to add optional scrollbars.

You were clicking the scrollbars or using some wheel mechanism?

lucamar

I confirm that the feature does work with a USB mouse, but not with the mousepad of a Toshiba laptop.

In ordinary operation, I never have a USB mouse connected to the laptop.

Curiously enough, I've also had similar troubles with Toshiba laptops (A, M and L series Satellite), which is why I suggested the ... let's call it "workaround", of using a normal mouse. Somewhat baffiling: it's a normal Synaptic pad. %)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus 2.0.6/FPC 3.0.4 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

winni

Hi!

Toshiba touchpads are known to be error prone. Since 20 years  or more. Around 2000 I installed Linux on a Toshiba Laptop. Everything worked except the touchpad. No way. I used a mouse.

Do you want to read funny tips how to "rebirth" your Toshiba touchpad?
Disconnect the printer, disconnect ....

Here: http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSD0702ZR0000R01DE.htm

It's german, but for this fun, you should translate it.

Winni

circular

• Personal webpage
Haha disconnect the printer to fix the touchpad.  :D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018