Recent

Author Topic: Can not load dblib.dll  (Read 12997 times)

vs99

Can not load dblib.dll
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:57:58 pm »
Hello for all,

I need write my first program with connect to MSSQL. I have Win7 64bit and Lazarus 1.2.0. I was download and install latest 32 bit library to c:\windows\system32 and 64bit library to win\SysWOW64 too.
If I make TMSSQLConnection, in Object Inspector fill server_name, user_name etc and if I switch Connect to True (for testing), appear devils msgbox - Can not load DB-lib client library "dblib.dll". Check your installation.

I am very unhappy from it. There must be some bullshit. Yes, Google I was try it, I read documentation....
Does anybody have an idea, please?

Thanks Vladimir

JZS

Re: Can not load dblib.dll
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 07:55:44 am »
Haven't tried MSSQL with Lazarus, but from similar occurrence with other RDBMs. Just put the DLL in Lazarus folder and/or your project folder, for when executing the exe.
I use recent stable release

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:54:02 am »
I've got dblib.dll (and libiconv2.dll for the 32 bit environment) in my system directories, works fine, but:

I was download and install latest 32 bit library to c:\windows\system32 and 64bit library to win\SysWOW64 too.
32 bit libraries go to syswow64, 64 bit libraries go to system32... Please blame Microsoft for this decision.

Haven't tried MSSQL with Lazarus, but from similar occurrence with other RDBMs. Just put the DLL in Lazarus folder and/or your project folder, for when executing the exe.
No need for that. Putting them in your system directories solves the problem for all development you do without needing to copy dlls all over the place...
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

vs99

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 05:15:52 pm »

Thanks for idea, I also tried this... No.. The same error... For MySQL this trick helped me. Here no.  :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2018