Recent

Author Topic: Keeping all Lazarus windows active as one unit, if Lazarus is activated  (Read 3155 times)

J. de Dieu

In Lazarus I sought to have this enabled. What I exactly mean (just in case it is unclear) is that usually if I <Alt+Tab> from a non-Lazarus program to Lazarus, only a particular Lazarus window is focused on and it may the one that I actually did not want focused on immediately. What I tried is to find an option that would allow all Lazarus windows to be treated as one unit. So if I <Alt+Tab> to it, all Lazarus windows show up, and to make it even better to have it in such a way that the source editor is immediately active and ready to be typed to.

I could not find this option nor did I find any forum thread about it. Any relevant help is desired and appreciated.

EDIT: if it matters, then I additionally write that I'm using Lazarus under Linux.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:46:13 pm by J. de Dieu »

edvard

Tools->Options under Environment/Window, click the box next to "Show single button in TaskBar.

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.

Arch (though I may go back to Debian)| FreePascal 3.2.2 + Lazarus 2.2.4, GTK2+ and Qt.  Mostly Qt...

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
If it matters, then I additionally write that I'm using Lazarus under Linux.
Probably it matters, because I just take a look to Lazarus 1.2 which I run under Wine and the mentioned checkbox is disabled there. In my native Qt Lazarus (1.3-SVN) it is enabled but in fact I do not need it because KDE4 can do it itself (join windows of the same application to one item on task-bar).
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
If it matters, then I additionally write that I'm using Lazarus under Linux.
Probably it matters, because I just take a look to Lazarus 1.2 which I run under Wine and the mentioned checkbox is disabled there. In my native Qt Lazarus (1.3-SVN) it is enabled but in fact I do not need it because KDE4 can do it itself (join windows of the same application to one item on task-bar).

Actually, KDE just group all windows in one taskbar entry and it have nothing with showInTaskBar. With KDE setting, you can see list of all windows, with ShowInTaskBar=False in lazarus, you see only one entry (lazarus itself) and probably designed forms.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018