Recent

Author Topic: Source Editor not displaying  (Read 5062 times)

Donoss

Source Editor not displaying
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:39:59 pm »
Hi,

I've just installed Lazarus on my Mac (OSX Lion).  I can get the Source Editor to display, I can create a form but whenever I double click a component again the Source Editor doesn't display.  I had previously installed an earlier version of Lazarus and had the same problem, it's as if the Editor is displaying outside of the monitor!

Can anyone provide me with a solution?

Many thanks

Andy

jwdietrich

• formatio reticularis
Re: Source Editor not displaying
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:01:06 pm »
You could try to define new default settings for the editor window. In order to accomplish this select the entry Options in the Environment menu. In the resulting settings window select the entry Environment : Window and select the entry Source Editor. Then you may enter the default position with the edit fields below the window list and click on Apply. Values 200, 200, 600, 400 (left, top, width, height) should be a safe initial position for most current monitors.

If you have a non-English user interface and have difficulties to follow my suggestions it may be advisable to temporarily switch to English as GUI language with the International system's preferences before restarting Lazarus.
function GetRandomNumber: integer; // xkcd.com
begin
  GetRandomNumber := 4; // chosen by fair dice roll. Guaranteed to be random.
end;

http://www.formatio-reticularis.de

Lazarus 2.2.6 | FPC 3.2.2 | PPC, Intel, ARM | macOS, Windows, Linux

Donoss

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 10:25:25 pm »
Hi,

The IDE panel and the editor were set to 4093!  But it all works fine now, many thanks for your help and quick response.

Regards

Andy

HenrikErlandsson

• ^ Happy coder :)
    • Coppershade
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 03:23:40 am »
I acknowledge the warning when posting. At the risk of necroing a thread that is more than a whopping 120 days old, it's the first search result (this thread is much older than that, still... please don't turn this into another "Reddit"! it's so frustrating with duplicate posts on the same topic!), the main reason for joining was installing Lazarus - and the secondary reason to report here :)

That I, too, experienced a missing Source Editor window with nothing appearing under Center a Lost Window, nor anything wrong with the Left and Top coordinates mentioned. All normal.

I wanted to report my only solution, which was by doing it the old Delphi way, by going:

Project > Project Inspector > click .pas file

~

The rest of my post is for the devs. (I'm new, please inform me if I should open a ticket rather than write this in a random thread where it might not be seen.)

This is on Win7x64 with a single monitor.

The disappearing Source Editor (and Form) window thing happened for me when re-opening a sample project by going:

Tools > Example Projects... > Filter "scanline" > select first option > Open first selected

The first time I followed the above path, it worked perfectly.

Then I opened various sample projects and all worked fine.

At some point, the Source Editor just got hidden and I wouldn't see the source (or Form) window for any project I opened. New Project worked fine all the time, but I was completely unable to open and see the .pas source in any project (except new ones). (I did try closing everything and starting Lazarus again, but it persisted.)

I'm not sure about the causality, but as a suggestion it may have happened after I tried to convert a Delphi project, which worked fine after translating SetPixel. I also used the JEDI code formatter, if that helps to nail this. Great features!  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 03:37:34 am by HenrikErlandsson »
Pushed on stack: 6502 / Z80 / Amiga / ARM assembler, Pascal, Delphi, Lingo, Obj-C, Lua, FPC, C# + web front-/backend.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:33 pm »
Maybe you did something like "Close all" from file menu. This will only close the editors, but keep the project open. (Or you closed the editor window yourself).

When you then quit the project (open another or close IDE), it will save the project session. And that stores the info that you do not have the source editor open (stored in lpi or lps)

That should revert, if you close the project and have the editor open.

Exception is if you do "cancel" saving project changes.
(If changes are session only it might not ask, there is a setting for that. / But if changes include code, then you will be asked and this question includes session)

Not all action triggers session changes (eg just moving the caret and do nothing else, does not change session)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018