Recent

Author Topic: Invalid floating point operation - Environment option window  (Read 8115 times)

dajashby

  • New member
  • *
  • Posts: 5
I have installed fpc 2.0.2 and lazarus 0.9.14 on a AMD 64 running Kubuntu Dapper Drake beta. (Living dangerously, I know). The fpc was the x86_64 binary version.
...
When I try to access the Environment options Lazarus tries to display a window, which then crashes with the error "Invalid floating point operation".  The following appears in the terminal window

Quote
TApplication.HandleException Invalid floating point operation
  Stack trace:
  $000000000052E7C3  GETCHILDMINRESIZE,  line 616 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000052E144  TAUTOSIZEBOX__RESIZECHILDS,  line 780 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000052F250  TAUTOSIZEBOX__RESIZETABLE,  line 807 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000052F600  TAUTOSIZEBOX__ALIGNCONTROLSINTABLE,  line 896 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000536FBB  TWINCONTROL__ALIGNNONALIGNEDCONTROLS,  line 4152 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000053065E  DOALIGNNOTALIGNED,  line 1586 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000053046C  TWINCONTROL__ALIGNCONTROLS,  line 1639 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000537490  TWINCONTROL__ALIGNCONTROL,  line 4274 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000536E70  TWINCONTROL__REALIGN,  line 4097 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $00000000005326FC  TWINCONTROL__ENABLEALIGN,  line 2092 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538E6D  TWINCONTROL__CREATEWND,  line 5119 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538747  TWINCONTROL__CREATEHANDLE,  line 5010 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000539775  TWINCONTROL__HANDLENEEDED,  line 5327 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538D16  TWINCONTROL__CREATEWND,  line 5100 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538747  TWINCONTROL__CREATEHANDLE,  line 5010 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000539775  TWINCONTROL__HANDLENEEDED,  line 5327 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538D16  TWINCONTROL__CREATEWND,  line 5100 of ./include/wincontrol.inc

Vincent Snijders

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2661
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
Re: Invalid floating point operation - Environment option wi
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 03:51:03 pm »
Quote from: "dajashby"
I have installed fpc 2.0.2 and lazarus 0.9.14 on a AMD 64 running Kubuntu Dapper Drake beta. (Living dangerously, I know). The fpc was the x86_64 binary version.
...
When I try to access the Environment options Lazarus tries to display a window, which then crashes with the error "Invalid floating point operation".  The following appears in the terminal window

Quote
TApplication.HandleException Invalid floating point operation
  Stack trace:
  $000000000052E7C3  GETCHILDMINRESIZE,  line 616 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000052E144  TAUTOSIZEBOX__RESIZECHILDS,  line 780 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000052F250  TAUTOSIZEBOX__RESIZETABLE,  line 807 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000052F600  TAUTOSIZEBOX__ALIGNCONTROLSINTABLE,  line 896 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000536FBB  TWINCONTROL__ALIGNNONALIGNEDCONTROLS,  line 4152 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000053065E  DOALIGNNOTALIGNED,  line 1586 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $000000000053046C  TWINCONTROL__ALIGNCONTROLS,  line 1639 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000537490  TWINCONTROL__ALIGNCONTROL,  line 4274 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000536E70  TWINCONTROL__REALIGN,  line 4097 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $00000000005326FC  TWINCONTROL__ENABLEALIGN,  line 2092 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538E6D  TWINCONTROL__CREATEWND,  line 5119 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538747  TWINCONTROL__CREATEHANDLE,  line 5010 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000539775  TWINCONTROL__HANDLENEEDED,  line 5327 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538D16  TWINCONTROL__CREATEWND,  line 5100 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538747  TWINCONTROL__CREATEHANDLE,  line 5010 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000539775  TWINCONTROL__HANDLENEEDED,  line 5327 of ./include/wincontrol.inc
  $0000000000538D16  TWINCONTROL__CREATEWND,  line 5100 of ./include/wincontrol.inc


This is caused by fpc bug 5010:  http://www.freepascal.org/bugs/showrec.php3?ID=5010

dajashby

  • New member
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Invalid floating point operation - Environment option window
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 12:48:06 am »
The fpc bug report claims that this only exists with 2.0.3, but I'm using 2.0.2. [/quote]
This bug is in fpc 2.0.3 and fpc 2.0.2, but you can indicate only one version in the bug tracker. fpc 2.1.1 doesn't have this particular bug.

Lazarus compiler with fpc 2.1.1 has other issues:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=1971
and
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=1972
So that is not a good option either

Quote
So far it isn't allowing me to edit environment and editor options.  Is it possible to do this by editing config files - I want to point lazarus at the fpc source files and change the editor font in order to make the product even slightly usable.

You can edit the ~/.lazarus/envirionmentoptions.xml file.
Quote
Does the bug have any futher manifestations?

Not that I know, but it can happen anywhere where controls are layout.
Quote

Also - what's the deal with the unreadable tooltip windows?

No idea, what you mean. Maybe it is a font issue. Try to find a good gtk1 theme (and I have no idea what I am a talking about, since I am hardly a linux gui user).

dajashby

  • New member
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Invalid floating point operation, etc.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 09:50:16 am »
Vincent,

Have you been editing my post again?  How do you do that?

I have now succeeded in installing fpc and lazarus on my trusty old Pentium III server that is currently running Kubuntu 5.10, so I suspect that the bug might be only an issue with 64-bit fpc. The problem with the tooltips went away when I changed to a different font that Lazarus told me was a 2-byte font (presumably a Unicode font?)

I wonder if 'd run into any trouble if I installed a 32-bit fpc on the AMD machine, and compiled lazarus using that?

Vincent Snijders

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2661
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
Re: Invalid floating point operation, etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 10:00:01 am »
Quote from: "dajashby"
Vincent,

Have you been editing my post again?  How do you do that?

:oops: I am sorry, it never happened to me before, except now twice in  your case. The edit button is next to the quote button. :oops:
Quote
I have now succeeded in installing fpc and lazarus on my trusty old Pentium III server that is currently running Kubuntu 5.10, so I suspect that the bug might be only an issue with 64-bit fpc. The problem with the tooltips went away when I changed to a different font that Lazarus told me was a 2-byte font (presumably a Unicode font?)

I wonder if 'd run into any trouble if I installed a 32-bit fpc on the AMD machine, and compiled lazarus using that?


Maybe, because that will create 32 bit application and you will need 32 bits (gtk) libraries on a location that the compiler can find. So you might have to edit the library path in /etc/fpc.cfg.

dajashby

  • New member
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: Invalid floating point operation, etc.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 03:11:23 pm »
Quote from: "Vincent"
:oops: I am sorry, it never happened to me before, except now twice in  your case. The edit button is next to the quote button. :oops:

Yes, but I only get edit buttons on my own posts...
 
Quote
Maybe, because that will create 32 bit application and you will need 32 bits (gtk) libraries on a location that the compiler can find. So you might have to edit the library path in /etc/fpc.cfg.


Hmmm, yes, I can see that would be a problem.  I guess I'll just wait until someone fixes it.  Meanwhile, I think the fpc/lazarus combination is so much better than Kylix! :D

matthijs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 537
Re: Invalid floating point operation, etc.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 03:23:16 pm »
Quote from: "dajashby"
Quote from: "Vincent"
:oops: I am sorry, it never happened to me before, except now twice in  your case. The edit button is next to the quote button. :oops:

Yes, but I only get edit buttons on my own posts...
 

That is the difference between moderators and other users. Moderators can edit messages from other users. :)
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

:( Why cannot I upload my own Avatar? :(

 

TinyPortal © 2005-2018