Recent

Author Topic: FPCUp FPC/Lazarus SVN installer/updater for Windows, Linux, OSX, FreeBSD... 2  (Read 109361 times)

hinst

I used fpcup on Ubuntu 13.10 with KDE successfully; managed to build both FPC and Lazarus; just had to install required packages first;
Too late to escape fate

vfclists

• HowTos Considered Harmful?
What are the required packages you installed?

I have it working on existing KDE/Ubuntu systems, but this is a new system and I suspect I haven't installed all the required packages.

I can't recollect what I installed on the other systems that are not present on this new one.

I used fpcup on Ubuntu 13.10 with KDE successfully; managed to build both FPC and Lazarus; just had to install required packages first;
Windows - Lazarus 1.0.8/FPC 2.6.0
Linux - Lazarus 1.4.4 /FPC 2.6.4

hinst

I installed those packages which were listed by fpcup; it writes a list of missing packages on startup
Too late to escape fate

vfclists

I did a test compile and got a linker error.

Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/ld: warning: ./link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/ppc386 -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fu.. -Fu/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/rtl/units/i386-linux -FE. -FUunits/i386-linux -di386 -dRELEASE mkarmins.pp
/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/ppc386 -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fu.. -Fu/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/rtl/units/i386-linux -FE. -FUunits/i386-linux -di386 -dRELEASE mkx86ins.pp
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/utils'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
make wpocycle
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
rm -f ppc386
make 'FPC=/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/ppc3' 'OPT= -di386 -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -Fux86 -OWdevirtcalls,optvmts -FW/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/pp1.wpo' compiler
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/ppc3 -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fui386 -Fusystems -Fu/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/rtl/units/i386-linux -Fii386 -FE. -FUi386/units/i386-linux -dRELEASE -di386 -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -Fux86 -OWdevirtcalls,optvmts -FW/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/pp1.wpo -di386 -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -Fux86 pp.pas
pp.pas(224,1) Error: Can't call the linker, switching to external linking
pp.pas(224,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[4]: *** [ppc386] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
make[3]: *** [wpocycle] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
make[2]: *** [cycle] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
make[1]: *** [compiler_cycle] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc'
make: *** [build-stamp.i386-linux] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc'

I have also experienced some out of memory errors. Do you have an idea of the memory requirements? I am using a KDE system with 1Gb of RAM.

avra

• Additional info
I don't have Lazarus on armel myself so can't really test and haven't set up a cross compiler, so no plans for periodic updates of the binary. May take a look at it at a later time.

Windows QEMU with Debian for Raspberry Pi ARMv6:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rpiqemuwindows
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
<snip>
I have also experienced some out of memory errors. Do you have an idea of the memory requirements? I am using a KDE system with 1Gb of RAM.
No troubleshooting info (see wiki), no idea what troubleshooting steps you followed (e.g. deleting .ppu files, fpc.cfg), no idea if you're e.g. mixing stale ppu files and incorrect fpc.cfg files... so can't really help you except suggesting you follow the troubleshooting steps.

Haven't seen memory problems with fpcup for a long while; there may be OOM problems when fpcup calls make etc though.

Windows QEMU with Debian for Raspberry Pi ARMv6:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rpiqemuwindows
Yes, thanks, a matter of time/priority at my end...
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

miquelmatas

• Beginner forever.
just installed fpcup64 in win 8.1

I find error "unit not found Classes" when I double click in a button in the form to go to edit.

see  attached screenshot

Cheers,
--
Cheers.
Miquel.

BigChimp

@miquel:
"No troubleshooting info (see wiki), no idea what troubleshooting steps you followed (e.g. deleting .ppu files, fpc.cfg),"...

BTW, I'm seeing problems with FPC trunk not compiling 64 bit on Windows:
cp.exe: C:/development/fpctrunk/rtl/units/x86_64-win64/objects.ppu: No such file
 or directory
make.exe[4]: *** [fpc_install] Error 1
make.exe[4]: Leaving directory `C:/development/fpctrunk/rtl/win64'
No idea what version you're using...
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

miquelmatas

• Beginner forever.
Thanks very much!

I'm going to read wiki...  :-\

Cheers,
--
Cheers.
Miquel.

vfclists

Aftter adding a 1Gb swapfile to my 1Gb RAM system the compilation errors have stopped. It seems it was running out of memory either at one of the /usr/bin/ld stages or the fpcres stages. The fpcres errors occurred more times. The only difference between this system and the others was the lower amount of RAM. All the others had 2Gb of RAM or more.

I think one of the linking methods, smart-linking I believe,uses more RAM than usual.

/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/ppc386 -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fu.. -Fu/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/rtl/units/i386-linux -FE. -FUunits/i386-linux -di386 -dRELEASE mkarmins.pp
/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/ppc386 -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fu.. -Fu/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/rtl/units/i386-linux -FE. -FUunits/i386-linux -di386 -dRELEASE mkx86ins.pp
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/utils'
make wpocycle
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
rm -f ppc386
make 'FPC=/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/ppc3' 'OPT= -di386 -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -Fux86 -OWdevirtcalls,optvmts -FW/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/pp1.wpo' compiler
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/ppc3 -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fui386 -Fusystems -Fu/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/rtl/units/i386-linux -Fii386 -FE. -FUi386/units/i386-linux -dRELEASE -di386 -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -Fux86 -OWdevirtcalls,optvmts -FW/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler/pp1.wpo -di386 -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -Fux86 pp.pas
pp.pas(224,1) Error: Can't call the linker, switching to external linking
pp.pas(224,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[4]: *** [ppc386] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
make[3]: *** [wpocycle] Error 2
make[2]: *** [cycle] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc/compiler'
make[1]: *** [compiler_cycle] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc'
make: *** [build-stamp.i386-linux] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/lazdev/Programs/Lazarus/1200_RC2_TRUNK_01/fpc'

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:45:46 pm by vfclists »

BigChimp

just installed fpcup64 in win 8.1

I find error "unit not found Classes" when I double click in a button in the form to go to edit.

see  attached screenshot

Cheers,
FYI: http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org/msg35405.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:33:41 pm by BigChimp »

tcmdvm

Sometimes rescanning the fpc directories will fix the classes not found error, especially after an update.

I still have problems with the fpcres on linux, especially on a new install. The only way I have been able to fix it is to copy it to the proper location, just after fpc compiles the first time. Not exactly a fix but it works anyway.

DonAlfredo

Update on crosscompiling for BBB (BeagleBone Black) from Win8.1.

As stated previously, I use a normal install by fpcup on a Win8.1 pc, with FPC 2.7.1 and Laz 1.3
(fpcup.exe --fpcURL="2.7.1" --lazURL="1.3")

Next, install the crossbinutils (see link below) in the directory "cross".
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpcup/downloads/CrossFPC_binutils_libs.7z

Next, copy the whole "/lib" directory (only the files, not the directories) from your BBB into "cross/lib/arm-linux" (overwrite/replace).
Including all links !!!!!
This copies more than strictly needed, but it will work nevertheless.
(I am a bit lazy ...)

Next, run:
fpcup.exe --cputarget="arm" --ostarget="linux" --fpcURL="2.7.1" --lazURL="1.3" --fpcOPT="-dFPC_ARMHF"

I found out (the hard, very time consuming way) that the "-dFPC_ARMHF" is necessary to prevent access violation errors from scrollbars on arm in gtk2 !!!!

Include "-dFPC_ARMHF" in your project options (Compiler Options / Other / Custom options).
(I also include CROSSOPT="-Caeabihf -Cparmv7 -CfVFPv3", but I do not know if this is strictly necessary).
Set target OS: Linux.
Set target CPU: arm.
Include "cross/lib/arm-Linux" in your Library search path (Compiler Options / Paths / Libraries)

Crosscompile ... add missing link files to "cross/lib/arm-Linux" crosscompile ... until error free.

The above worked for me. I hope it will also work for you !

Enjoy !!!

ps:

Forgot to mention that my BBB runs Arch Linux (hardfloat) !!
This is a very good distro for BBB, but needs some extra work for e.g. a working graphical system.
All libs are inside /lib, very convenient.
Also no Lazarus avaiable --> thats why I need crosscompile from Windows.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:18:39 pm by DonAlfredo »

vfclists

@reiniero Have you considered moving this topic to the http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/board,3.0.html sub forum under General or Linux or even created a sub forum for fpcup there?

It appears to be more appropriate and posters will see more related issues there.

BigChimp

Update on crosscompiling for BBB (BeagleBone Black) from Win8.1.
Muchas gracias, Don Alfredo! Very useful; I'll have a look at incorporating that into the wiki article/sample

settings.ini file
@reiniero Have you considered moving this topic to the http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/board,3.0.html sub forum under General or Linux or even created a sub forum for fpcup there?
I don't think there's any net benefits.
- People are already confused about what the official installer is
- IMO they are not more likely to suddenly starting to follow troubleshooting steps and providing log output by themselves
- external docs reference this forum

As for subforums: I think there are too many already - people already post in the "wrong" category... but people still manage to help, regardless of which forum they're posted in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018