Recent

Author Topic: How to update screen in android  (Read 2421 times)

polypress

How to update screen in android
« on: October 21, 2013, 02:56:42 pm »
I have an app which is scanning through 50-200000 lines of data. I need to track and display its progress but all controls seem disabled until the scan is complete. In win32 and wince I can use Application.ProcessMessages to update components (Labels or ProgressBar) but Android does not recognize Application.ProcessMessages. I have tried Update, Repaint, Refresh of Form or component using a timer, and no change. I have tried component Invalidate but that doesn't work either. I can only use grid for the data because ListBox and Memo don't seem to work.
Is there an effective method to update (components on) the Android screen?

Regards

polypress

Re: How to update screen in android
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 12:31:13 pm »
There have been no replies to this question in over 2 weeks, despite 95 views. Is this because there is no solution, or do I need to do something else? I have tried various other alternatives in the meantime, but with still no progress.

The screen paints initially, but it is not repainted on numerous calls from timer until the end of the data scan. I cannot track progress of the app (3 secs to 165secs depending on length of data).

Regards

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: How to update screen in android
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:03:24 pm »
Because no one knows, I guess. Application.ProcessMessages is indeed not implemented for Android. I remember a thread talking about this, but I don't remember. Try searching this subforum or the mailing list.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018