Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus ZeosLib port development  (Read 5379 times)

IgD

• http://www.igdsoftware.com
Lazarus ZeosLib port development
« on: April 14, 2006, 01:58:04 pm »
I've joined the ZeosLib team and am working to try to clean up the port for use with Lazarus.  Does anyone have any bug fixes?  Please respond here and I will try to get them included into the code base.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 08:44:49 am »
I have not the ability to give bug fixes,but I can give some questions and suggestions.

First problem(Edwin and Stevie discussed in the following post):
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1024&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=zeos&start=30

Edwin:
When I connect a Data Control (TDBGrid/TDBEdit) to an active TZQuery I get an 'Unknown Run-Time error : 202'. I use a recent Lazarus and Zeos.
Can this be fixed?
Thanks,

Stevie:
Hi Edwin,the bug has been fixed.
Regards

Now when I use zeos 6.5.1 and lazarus 0.9.10 under win2k,I get the similar error as Edwin said.When I connect a Data Control (TDBGrid/TDBEdit) to an active TZTable:
Code: [Select]
Ztable1.edit; I get an 'Unknown Run-Time error : 202'(Ztable1.readonly is set to false in the formcreate function).But I can not find a bug-fixed version of zeos,neither zeos 6.5.1 nor zeosdbo_rewok can resolve this problem.

Second problem:

After I installed zeosdbo_rewok(lazarus 0.9.10+win2k),I must set the path of the file 'fbclient.dll'(add a line like 'path=d:\firebird\bin;%PATH%' in the file 'autoexec.bat'),or there will be an error 'can't find dll:the file 'fbclient.dll' can't be found in the path:...),and the IDE terminates.I think this is not friendly to the user.the codes that check if the file 'fbclient.dll' exists should work in other time,not the time when IDE is launching.

suggestion:

As I said in the post:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2174
The TFBLDatabase component in the Fblib provide a method to create a new database,but it seems that there is no similar component/method in the zeos component set(if I am wrong,please tell me).If this is true,I suggest to implement one.and I would suggest the author of fblib to implement a TFBTable/TFBQuery component,because I can not use FbLib+other component to edit data(again,if I am wrong,please correct me).For examle,I can use TDataSource+TZConnection+TZTable(though there is still a problem as I mentioned above),but I don't know how to do the same thing with FBLib.

I am sorry for my English,it is hard to me to express my meaning exactly in English.I hope that you can understand me.
Best regards

barko

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 12:32:40 am »

The TFBLDatabase component in the Fblib provide a method to create a new database,but it seems that there is no similar component/method in the zeos component set(if I am wrong,please tell me).

Here we go: (createdatabase with zeosdbo)

Code: [Select]

// db:=TZConnection; //
procedure TMainForm.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  db.Database:='~/mydatabase.gdb';
  db.User:='sysdba';
  db.Password:='masterkey';
  if not FileExists(db.database) then
  begin
    db.Properties.Add('createnewdatabase=create database '''+db.Database+''' user ''sysdba'' password ''masterkey'' page_size 4096 default character set iso8859_2;');
    try
      db.Connect;
    except
      application.Terminate;halt;
    end;
  end else
  begin
    try
      db.connect;
    except
      application.Terminate;halt;
    end;
  end;
end;

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 03:53:40 am »
Don't have any patches, but zeos really needs to be able to handle notifcations from things such as raise notice from within functions.