Recent

Author Topic: minimizing and restoring  (Read 5145 times)

tintinux

• Gestinux
minimizing and restoring
« on: September 05, 2013, 11:02:32 pm »
Hi

With Lazarus 1.0.12, on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 GTK, and Gnome Panel or Mate, after I use the minimize icon of the main window, I can't restore it by a simple click in the task bar, as usual. The windows is quickly visible, and then minimized again.

Sometimes I'm successfull with a double-click, but not always.

I do not use the TForm's or Application's events. This occur with very simple applications, and also with Lazarus IDE itself.

In my applications FormStyle is fsNormal, WindowState is wsNormal, and these properties are not assigned by code.

Is there anything to do to be able to restore a minimized main window.

Thanks

Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
Re: minimizing and restoring
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 12:52:48 pm »
Please see issue http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23306 , and try provided patch (must have lazarus trunk for that)

tintinux

• Gestinux
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »
Ok, thanks for the information and the patch.
Can't you include it in 1.0.14, it would be really appreciated.

Regards
Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 07:35:46 am »
Ok, thanks for the information and the patch.
Can't you include it in 1.0.14, it would be really appreciated.

Regards
Not until it's tested and feedback given. That's why I put patch at that issue. Tests must be done on lazarus trunk, and if it's ok then it will be commited and merged for 1.0.14

tintinux

• Gestinux
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 01:13:39 pm »
Hi

IMHO, and from my experience in other big projects, when we find a small bug like this, it is first corrected, tested and validated on the branch corresponding to the most used stable version (1.0.12 here), then generally delivered in the next release (1.0.14), and then merged in the trunk branch.  This way, it is quicker to close the issue, and there are more chances to deliver a final release of good quality.

Otherwise you may have to wait a longer time, because less people can afford using the trunk version on several environments. When the current trunk will be versionned, it will probably contains some other bugs, and so we will never have a bug free version.

Does Lazarus' team works this way or your way ?

Best regards

Martin

TinyPortal © 2005-2018