Recent

Author Topic: Emulator Windows CE (arm processor)  (Read 9154 times)

knsuper

Emulator Windows CE (arm processor)
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:53:45 pm »
Hello!

I need to run a program on Windows CE, Windows Mobile can not be. Because the machine uses Windows CE by default. I have gotten the program but when I take pro emulator windows CE 5.0, it gives a message that the operating system is incorrect. I have found that is the ARM processor. This Windows CE Emulator 5.0 is not with this processor. What are the possible solutions?

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: Emulator Windows CE (arm processor)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:39:15 pm »
I would simply use the Windows Mobile emulator. Windows Mobile is Windows CE + some extra stuff for telephone support.

nightrider

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:28:09 pm »
My experience shows me that Windows Mobile applications DON'T run OK in Windows CE machines. Recently I had this experience. A very stable and reliable Windows Mobile application has strange behavior in a Windows CE machine.

How did you solve your problem mr. knsuper? Please tell me.

Best regards

Ricardo

sin_dragan

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 10:35:25 pm »
Can you tell me the name of that application? If it's online I would like to try it. My experience with Lazarus 1.0.10 and FPC 2.6.2, when I do cross-compile for arm architecture, application runs on WM 6.5 emulator, on real device WindowsCE 5.0 and real device WindowsCE 6.0. I have a windows 7 64 so I can't run WinCE 5 emulator.

Windows 7 64 bit
Lazarus 1.4.1 (w/fixes) FPC 2.6.4 win32

nightrider

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 11:22:56 pm »
The name, translated to english, sounds like: Fixed Assets Inventory. It is used by person who identify and  register data of fixed assets objects in handheld.

It isn't a online application. It runs in handhelds with Windows Mobile 6 and later. It runs in WM 6.5 emulator too. I found two windows CE 5 emulators, but they report "invalid windows CE application"(I use Windows 7, too). When I run in real Windows CE 5 handhelds I have serious troubles with the screens. When I try with Lazarus 1.1 the troubles persist. Additionally the routines that hide top and bottom windows bars don't make their job int 1.1 and I lost a piece of the screen.

I'm thinking here about transform the main routine in a stub and send you the project... What is your opinion?

sin_dragan

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 08:57:49 pm »
No problem, I'll look at the code and help if I can. You can post it here if you like.
Windows 7 64 bit
Lazarus 1.4.1 (w/fixes) FPC 2.6.4 win32

nightrider

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 06:06:23 pm »
Excuse me for the delay in my response. I was in trouble with other jobs here. From now I'll give you my entire attention.

The code is huge. For compilation I will need to send you various units/forms. Also SQLite 3 databases.

Is is sufficient if I send you some units/forms or you want the entire project. I'm thinking here that you can't test the project if I don't send the entire project and databases.

You decide, please. If you need want the entire project, please give me an e-mail addr.

Cheers

TinyPortal © 2005-2018