Recent

Author Topic: How to get rid with TWinControl.VMSize loop detected messages ?  (Read 3993 times)

swierzbicki

Hello,

I'm working on Windows mobile 6.5 Embedded.
When setting the Align property to any component, I'm getting a lot of TWinControl.VMSize loop detected messages.

Is there a way to hide these messages ?
Lazarus 1.6.2
fpc 3.0.0
wince/win32/win64
delphi berlin

taazz

Re: How to get rid with TWinControl.VMSize loop detected messages ?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 10:12:00 am »
that's an exception that should never be raised at design time or runtime, if you see that this means that what ever components you are using are unstable to be used in a production environment if they are coming from lcl then please state version of lazarus and fpc so the dev team can look in to it also a test project should help a lot to show case your problem.
Before I forget if you use any docking extensions for the IDE then remove it and test again my guess is that the docking extensions are not behaving properly.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:16:44 am »
then please state version of lazarus and fpc
In fact, putting your (default/standard) FPC, Lazarus version and operating system in your signature is a good idea. See the profile link at the top of this page that allows you to set/change your profile including signature.
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

swierzbicki

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 04:24:27 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for your answers.
I'm working on Windows 7 64Bit pro. Lazarus 1.0.10 r41613 FPC 2.6.2 i386-win32-win32/win64

All my cross development are done on a Symbol/Motorola MC3190 running under Windows Embedded (Windows Mobile 6.5.3).
I've a lot of those exceptions, just putting a simple TPageControl + tabsheets raize the problem, especialy when using Alignment...

I can produce example if needed !

Thank you
Lazarus 1.6.2
fpc 3.0.0
wince/win32/win64
delphi berlin

swierzbicki

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:51:18 am »
Windows Mobile runs all software in 240x320 emulation mode by default even if screen resolution is higher. This can explain my VMSize loop issue.
Everything is working after adding this resource :

Code: [Select]
HI_RES_AWARE CEUX DISCARDABLE
BEGIN
0x0001
END
Lazarus 1.6.2
fpc 3.0.0
wince/win32/win64
delphi berlin

TinyPortal © 2005-2018