Forum > PDAs and Smartphones

makeing interfaces for wince?

<< < (5/6) > >>

felipemdc:
Hello,

Can you send us the great work you did so far? I´m getting anxious to try it =) And I can also help you fix problems.

About the debbuger, Yuri, the creator of the WinCE port of Free Pascal was working with the debbuger, perhaps he knows something.

About the wiki, I created a section for debugging here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Windows_CE_Interface#Debbuging_Windows_CE_software_on_the_Lazarus_IDE

It would be really nice if you could add some instructions on how to debug wince software with the IDE.

thank you very much,

Felipe

felipemdc:

--- Quote from: "roozbeh" ---also is it possible to use wince interfaces for compiling code and debugging it on win32?
becouse i mostly do the same for other programs in visual c...i write them in evc4,debug them in visual studio for windows and most of time it works good on device....
--- End quote ---

Yes, You can create your software on the IDE compiling it for win32 and debug them normally and when you want to, recompile it for windows ce.

The idea is that any software (in a ideal world) developed with Lazarus can be recompiled for any of the interfaces and it would work the same.

Note, however, that this does not allow you to debug the wince interface itself under win32.

In short: To find problems on your project you can compile it for win32 and test it. To find problems on the wince interface you need to run the software under wince.

roozbeh:
well i am thinking of debuggin wince interface under win32....i think anyhow it could be very usefull!

i've added something to wiki....i know it is badly written but that was my best ;)

roozbeh:
i've posted tha patch to newsgroup
i am not around for a week...there are some nasty bugs out there still!
anyway i dont how lcl is organized...just dont know why so many exact names in diffrent units.you can easily compile a wrong code with diffrent order of units in your uses list!

felipemdc:

--- Quote from: "roozbeh" ---i am not around for a week...there are some nasty bugs out there still!
--- End quote ---

All take a look and see what I can do =)

--- Quote ---anyway i dont how lcl is organized...just dont know why so many exact names in diffrent units.you can easily compile a wrong code with diffrent order of units in your uses list!
--- End quote ---

Can you give me an example?

I am not sure what you mean with "exact names in diffrent units"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version