Recent

Author Topic: auto reload changed source files from disk  (Read 5155 times)

irq

auto reload changed source files from disk
« on: July 04, 2013, 03:11:00 pm »
hi all

i cant find the above feature anywhere in laz.
each time i do a "hg up branch_x" or a "hg up default" in mercurial i get this nasty little dialog asking me if i want to reload the changes from disk. well, i really do want to reload them, but i don't want to be asked each time.

because this behaviour is independent from hg, git or any other software making source changes, i think it would be a great idea to implement a switch/flag/option in that very dialog which says sth like "auto reload changed source files from disk".

maybe its not a hell of a feature but the current behaviour is quite interrupting to my workflow. i think other developers will agree to that.

-- irq
best
-- irq

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: auto reload changed source files from disk
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:17:35 pm »
Put a feature request in the bugtracker

irq

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:28:46 pm »
hi leledumbo

would you be so kind to do that for me.
i've posted this issue to 4 different fora already and i've no intention to do a crashcourse in mantis additionally.
thank you.
best
-- irq

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 08:01:36 am »
It's hardly Leledumbo's fault you posted your remarks in fora that don't matter.

As for getting a mantis crash course: what's so hard about filling out some fields? If you're too lazy to even file the request, why should the devs care?

<insert "what is the world coming to" shrug>
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

howardpc

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 09:19:18 am »
irq, have you tried changing the checkbox setting in the Desktop page of the IDE Options dialog (Tools -> Options) under Misc Options called "Check for disk file changes via content rather than timestamp"?

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 11:59:32 am »
have you tried changing the checkbox setting in the Desktop page of the IDE Options dialog (Tools -> Options) under Misc Options called "Check for disk file changes via content rather than timestamp"?
That wouldn't affect the confirmation dialog, it only changes the way the IDE detect changes in open source files.

irq

best
-- irq

TinyPortal © 2005-2018