Recent

Author Topic: The Recent posts column  (Read 4099 times)

vicot

The Recent posts column
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:11:21 am »
Hi have a suggestion about the Recent Posts column, at the right-hand side of website: please remove the author's name and the time and date of posting, as this info is useless in this column and takes up useful space. With the freed up space, we will be able to read fuller titles of the posts, which currently are curtailed to the point where we can read only half of the title.

I am sure many other users will agree.

Thanks

poiuyt555

Re: The Recent posts column
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 07:42:14 am »
i agree...
And the word 'new' also may be removed by default. (If someone wants to see this word - he may change some settings)

And maybe somewhere must be general board where i may look at all borads (ex. recent post list but not so small like now, but normal board like any other) (like in Bugtrcaker - where is one general board and a may see all events in one page).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:55:16 am by poiuyt555 »

vicot

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 06:33:18 am »
Yes, a full (wide) page dedicated to the recent posts would be the perfect solution. This way, the full titles can be displayed.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:42:58 am »
Maybe if you look at this?
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?action=recent

See the column on the left at the bottom, to find out how to get there...

Btw, I find the extra info (name and date) useful.

User137

• Nxpascal home
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:21:35 am »
I agree. But also you can't only rely on the Recent panel, because it doesn't show everything that was recently written... unless you come to the site every 2 hours to check it, they will bury away. "Show unread" link at bottom left is much more reliable page to find out what's recently written here.

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 07:42:35 am »
I too always use the "Show unread" link, it's one of the most useful links on the forum page.
But even so, sometimes I look at the recent column as well.
Since someone already is restyling the Lazarus website I think we should not put too much effort now in changing the Recent column. Let's wait and see what the new website will bring us and finetune that.
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

TinyPortal © 2005-2018