Recent

Author Topic: Do you agree that Lazarus needs modern graphics?  (Read 44686 times)

hrayon

Re: Do you agree that Lazarus needs modern graphics?
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2013, 01:37:00 pm »
irfanbagus,
It's no so simple. This project has coordinators who decides what will be changed. "Better than" in this topic is relative. He will need to proof and convince that the new is better than the old. Someone which solid background in design can do good changes, but its not enough. The passion of the coordinators of the project created a resistance to changes in visual, if not already started or created by leaders. This is normal. Any creation will be just a suggestion. Coordinators may approve or not, regardless of being "better" or "worse". They are experts in programming. I can not say about visual design. But they are the coordinators.

JJVillamor

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2013, 01:07:08 pm »
Anyway, after staring at it a few moments, I think that maybe it does need a renovation.  I really feel the cheetah should be facing to the right (and moved to the left of the panel) - as looking forward to the future (in my left-to-right world); or towards the dawning of a new day for such an outstanding project.  Otherwise, leave it be.

My two cents...

regards,
      geno

LOL. In my case I noticed it immediately. The cheetah facing left is OK I guess(tho I still prefer to see it facing the viewer's right). But for it to be sitting on the rightmost edge of the "logo screen"(or whatever it's called) then face left does not look OK. I was tempted to comment on it but then I recalled the mustang logo. If I remember correctly, people inside ford had commented that the mustang should be running or facing the right because from a spectator's viewpoint that is the race horse is seen.

BTW, I just did some googling and read that "Ford tinkers with Mustang design as 50th year approaches".

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2013/03/mustanganniversarylogo.jpg

However it is simply a silhouette of the pony with the text 50 years under it. Looks like a simple change but I am sure that hundreds of expert hours were spent on deciding on the original logo and this new one

irfanbagus

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2013, 05:40:55 pm »
irfanbagus,
It's no so simple. This project has coordinators who decides what will be changed. "Better than" in this topic is relative. He will need to proof and convince that the new is better than the old. Someone which solid background in design can do good changes, but its not enough. The passion of the coordinators of the project created a resistance to changes in visual, if not already started or created by leaders. This is normal. Any creation will be just a suggestion. Coordinators may approve or not, regardless of being "better" or "worse". They are experts in programming. I can not say about visual design. But they are the coordinators.
it is not simple because you make it over-complicated. for open source project like lazarus, if you have an idea then you must convince core developers if your idea is good, not by words but by works. most of the time core developers too busy doing their job to develop and maintain the project, and no resource to make implementation of your idea. especially if your idea have low urgency, like change splash screen.

hrayon

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2013, 10:25:01 pm »
Hi irfanbagus,
To change splash screen was not my idea. I was only answering the 3 questions from beginning of this topic and putting "my 2 cents" to make things more professional. I don't care about urgency. Was only suggestion (brand management and not changing splash screen).