Recent

Author Topic: Is it possible to open a Chinese sub-forum?  (Read 536 times)

gasensor

Is it possible to open a Chinese sub-forum?
« on: April 15, 2024, 07:34:06 pm »
Is it possible to open a Chinese sub-forum?Current FPC Chinese forum: FPCCN.com lack of maintenance. Even if the certificate expires, no one cares...

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Is it possible to open a Chinese sub-forum?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 07:45:59 pm »
I think we first need to make sure that there are 'enough' Chinese language users are active in this forum.

Hey, I am a Chinese ... genetically/ancestrally. Unfortunately I can't read and write Chinese alphabets.  :-[

gasensor

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 08:05:19 pm »
I think we first need to make sure that there are 'enough' Chinese language users are active in this forum.

Hey, I am a Chinese ... genetically/ancestrally. Unfortunately I can't read and write Chinese alphabets.  :-[

Chinese in the strict sense are determined by nationality + culture + blood. In fact, you're only Asian.

gasensor

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 08:07:48 pm »

For a programming language, the number of users of the forum is really too small at the moment.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 08:15:03 pm »

Chinese in the strict sense are determined by nationality + culture + blood. In fact, you're only Asian.

Apparently, tact is not one of those factors of being Chinese.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 08:17:07 pm by marcov »

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 08:30:23 pm »
If FPC forum will have this part, expect the politics in it: Tan-an-men square, fight against communism, Mao, etc. And main ppl cannot control it.

gasensor

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 08:41:34 pm »

Apparently, tact is not one of those factors of being Chinese.

In China, there is no political correctness in the usual sense. So, sometimes misunderstandings arise.

gasensor

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2024, 08:47:24 pm »
If FPC forum will have this part, expect the politics in it: Tan-an-men square, fight against communism, Mao, etc. And main ppl cannot control it.

This is indeed a problem.

In fact, it is the same on all earths, the difference is only the taboo. Just like you can't criticize Jews in the United States.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2024, 08:50:05 pm »
If FPC forum will have this part, expect the politics in it:
Please don't bring it in here then... And, no they should not be allowed in any language board either.

For all else, there won't be an immediate decision. Various factors will need to be evaluated over time. Until then the issue will be monitored. Anyone is welcome to add there view on the topic (provided it is done with appropriate consideration)

EDIT:
To everyone: Please leave out (ideally remove) politically motivated topcis.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 08:52:09 pm by Martin_fr »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018