Recent

Author Topic: How can i dock the lazarus ide or save a better startup layout ?  (Read 12572 times)

DelFly

Hello, installed lazarus again. because delphi 2005 dont run well on newer operatinmg systems :(

But there's one annying problem. ANd that are the not docked windows.
Is there a way to save the undocked window locations and size at startup so you have not a messed layout ?

Or much better and supriour, is ther ea wway to dock everything in in single windows like delphi 2005, gimp 2.8 and VS.
Thats much better because things keep at the right place. and i have not again more windows
open on my screen, already have a bunch open normally.

Delphi 2005 got at least option to save the windows layout as default, cant find that in lazarus.
Cant touch anything on computer without hitting some bug.

DelFly

Re: How can i dock the lazarus ide or save a better startup layout ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:52 pm »
 %) %) %) :-X

oops, found some setting thats workable... still preffer the docked system. Bad start..  :-X

answhere is here. http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,19684.0.html
Cant touch anything on computer without hitting some bug.

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:00:32 pm »
Search the forum and the wiki for many docking implementations, e.g. kzdesktop.
However, docking support is not bug free yet so no official releases have been made.
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:14:14 pm »
Is there a way to save the undocked window locations and size at startup so you have not a messed layout ?
Last time I use AnchorDocking, it only saves certain windows position and location (and their respective dock settings), which made me move to EasyDockMgr. This one saves everything, though the interface is not as beautiful as AnchorDocking and the saved file is in binary form instead of readable xml.

snorkel

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 06:35:42 pm »
%) %) %) :-X

oops, found some setting thats workable... still preffer the docked system. Bad start..  :-X

answhere is here. http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,19684.0.html

Go to the packages menu and select install/uninstall packages, then install the AnchorDockingDesgn or the easydockmgrdsgn, then rebuild the ide, when it restarts the IDE will be docked, you can then arrange it the way you want and then in the tools menu you can use
the "Save Window Layout as default"

This only docks the IDE not the forms to the editor files like in VS or Delphi 2005.  For that the only solution I know of right now is KZdesktop and it does not seem to be as good a docking manager as the others.
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

IQuitDelphiToo

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 03:53:26 pm »
Any updates on this?

Akira1364

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 04:44:10 pm »
It's been working well for quite a while now. If you want the whole IDE and the form editor to be "single-window", install the "AnchorDockingDesign" package, as well as the "SpartaDockedFormEditor" package. Both of these come with Lazarus, and can be found in the components folder.

I've attached an image that shows what it looks like on Windows (note the multi-line string highlighting is of my own doing, and not a standard feature currently.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 04:50:54 pm by Akira1364 »

Otto

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 07:28:17 pm »
The multi-line string highlighting functionality in Lazarus would be very useful. In Delphi, I always installed cnPack so I could use it.
I would be available to test in both Lazarus-Standard and Lazarus-Trunk on Windows and Linux.
Kind regards.

Otto

multi-line string highlighting
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 07:36:16 pm »
For now in Lazarus, I'm using the outlining feature of the IDE {"IDE options" > "Editor"" > "Display" > "Markup and Matches" > Check "Outline (global)"} which emulates multi-line string highlighting functionality quite well.   

Greetings.

Kind regards.

willbprog9933

• Big guy, tiny brain :P
    • BrainOut!
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 02:04:16 am »
install the "AnchorDockingDesign" package, as well as the "SpartaDockedFormEditor" package. Both of these come with Lazarus, and can be found in the components folder.

Just a note using Lazarus 2.0.4 on macOS Mojave, I get this when enabling 'AnchorDockingDesign' and 'SpartaDockedFormEditor':

"svn2revisioninc” is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated.

This solution may not work much longer because macOS Catalina will be 64-bit only.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:48:13 pm by willbprog9933 »
macOS, Linux, FreeBSD and sometimes OpenIndiana.

Blessed, loved and forgiven! :D

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 09:03:06 am »
svn2revisioninc” is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated.

Go to the directory and make. That's all. Then copy the binary to the right place (where the other utils are)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:16:17 am by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018