Recent

Author Topic: Automatically increase build number fails  (Read 3180 times)

Deepaak

Automatically increase build number fails
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:05:32 am »
Automatically increase build number  fails on most occasions  even when Always build (Even if nothing changed) is selected. Any idea how to make it work.
Holiday season is online now. :-)

User137

• Nxpascal home
Re: Automatically increase build number fails
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:13:53 pm »
If you are using windows and Tortoise, it should ask at beginning of installation if the console interface for SVN should be installed. You must answer Yes to it for lazarus/fpc to know which revision it is.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:49:40 pm by User137 »

Deepaak

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:31:14 pm »
If you are using windows and Tortoise, it should ask at beginning of installation if the console interface for SVN should be installed. You must answer Yes to it for lazarus/fpc to know which revision it is.

My Question is not related to Lazarus revision number?

but its related to "not auto incrementing of version number in executable build with lazarus".

So, any idea how to auto increment version number in executable.
Holiday season is online now. :-)

snorkel

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:48:08 pm »
It works, but it's always one off from what you have in the project options.
Whoever coded it felt that the increment should happen after the build, so when you check the version in the compiled program via the embedded resource, it's one less than what it shows in the project options.

Other than that issue it does auto increment just fine, but because of the weirdness I mentioned above I just increment it manually now so my apps show the same version as the project options.
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

TinyPortal © 2005-2018