Recent

Author Topic: Master/Detail in Lazreport  (Read 6485 times)

BertH

Master/Detail in Lazreport
« on: March 20, 2013, 02:17:01 pm »
I want to print a Master/Detail report from an Access database using Lazreport. I have not found documentation or an example explaining how to do this. I have a M/D relationship on 2 Grids on the form but how do I get this on paper. I am using Lazarus 1.06. Thks in advance, Bert

jesusr

Re: Master/Detail in Lazreport
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:41:59 pm »
Have you looked into components/lazreport/samples/editor directory? there is a sample that demonstrates just that see the button title "Master-Detail". There is a readme file there that lightly explain the button. Full guide explaining the details is missing though.

BertH

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:00:09 pm »
Hi JezusR, I tried to get the pack_powerpdf installed but sofar without succes. According to the PowerPDF wiki I have to hit the install button but I could not find it.
I will had not seen the demo yet but I keep on trying.
Thanks for your reply.
Bert

jesusr

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:23:13 pm »
oh, in recent versions, the PowerPDF requirement was removed, but installing PowerPDF is (should be) easy. The package dialog has been changed in the mean time, I amended the steps to install in the wiki article

BertH

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 10:55:17 am »
Thank you, I used the new instructions but ran into an other problem. After pressing Yes to rebuild, I get the message "One or more required packages were not found. See package graph for details." In the list I see that there are 2 powerpdf packages mentioned. One under Lazreportpdf export named pack_powerpdf(>=0.9.10) with the remark "Not found" and one as an individual package named pack_powerpdf0.9.9 with as status Install at next start. I hope my explanation means anything so that you know where I went wrong.

jesusr

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 11:18:58 pm »
You probably downloaded the 0.9.9 package, while the export filter needs 0.9.10.

To avoid confusion, I moved all powerpdf old versions to another place, there were more than 20 downloads for 0.9.9 in the lat two days!!. So only the new version is available in folder PowerPDF on sourceforge.

BertH

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 08:10:11 pm »
Thanks to your efforts I could get the sample programs running now. I'll have to spend some time to try to understand the logic behind the samples. Being a starting user of Lazarus again it will take some time, I think. Thanks for your time and help.
Bert

TinyPortal © 2005-2018