Recent

Author Topic: NoSQL and key-value DBMS's  (Read 3397 times)

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
NoSQL and key-value DBMS's
« on: March 11, 2013, 10:53:44 am »
So far I haven't noticed much (any?) support for key-value (e.g. BerkeleyDB) and "NoSQL" relational database (like MongoDB) based systems.

The latter especially seem they would fit quite nicely into the FPC/Lazarus database classes (like TDataset), which would be very usable for "fat clients" which are easily constructed in Lazarus. The former ones are a great idea for embedded data storage for applications, and simpler to use than say, SQLite.

Has anyone started some work on that? Are there at least Pascal bindings available for the above quoted DBMS's?
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
Re: NoSQL and key-value DBMS's
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:12:19 am »
Has anyone started some work on that? Are there at least Pascal bindings available for the above quoted DBMS's?
Not as far as I know (2x)
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
Re: NoSQL and key-value DBMS's
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:48:25 pm »
Great :(

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to create just the bindings for FPC, but creating a connector class for Lazarzs would take much more time. I would go for it if only I had time.™

I wonder how should a key-value database be adapterd for Lazarus; the existing database classes are all for relational DB systems, and I don't know of any such example...
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

TinyPortal © 2005-2018