Recent

Author Topic: TCustomFloatSpinEdit = class(TCustomLabeledEdit)  (Read 5767 times)

Alienizer

TCustomFloatSpinEdit = class(TCustomLabeledEdit)
« on: March 04, 2013, 01:09:29 am »
Please change...

TCustomFloatSpinEdit = class(TCustomEdit)
to
TCustomFloatSpinEdit = class(TCustomLabeledEdit)

and add to public
property EditLabel;
property LabelPosition;
property LabelSpacing;

and add the same to the published property of TFloatSpinEdit and TSpinEdit

and now we have the FloatSpinEdit and SpinEdit with a TLabel as do TLabeledEdit

Avishai

Re: TCustomFloatSpinEdit = class(TCustomLabeledEdit)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:54:12 pm »
I have written TStickyLabel and TStickyButton that allow a Label or a SpeedButton to be associated with any TWinControl.  They work similar to TEditLabel.  You can use them if you like.  I cut the code from a much larger file so you may have to play with it to get it to compile.  I only ask that if you make changes, you let me know.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:48:16 pm by Avishai »
Lazarus Trunk / fpc 2.6.2 / Win32

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 02:47:03 pm »
This won't happen because of incompatibility with Delphi, and it breaks backwards compatibility for exiting programs.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 02:54:03 pm »
@Avishai:
Sorry, have you made a wiki article / github / bitbucket / google code / sourceforge / something else for your component? I think it's good and having it in the forum only makes it less visible to the world.

Avishai

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 02:54:20 pm »
Bart, are you the Bart that is on Lazarus Developement Team?  If so maybe you could take a look at 'TStickyLabel' and 'TStickyButton' and see if it would interest Lazarus.

Avishai

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 02:58:02 pm »
@Avishai:
Sorry, have you made a wiki article / github / bitbucket / google code / sourceforge / something else for your component? I think it's good and having it in the forum only makes it less visible to the world.

Leledumbo, no I haven't and I won't have the time for quite awile.  I'm preparing to travel to the US for my son's wedding :)

Alienizer

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 06:17:09 pm »
This won't happen because of incompatibility with Delphi, and it breaks backwards compatibility for exiting programs.

If we have to stick with backwards compatibility, then there is no future for Lazarus!

Delphi is Delphi, Lazarus is Lazarus. I think it's time for Lazarus to detach itself from Delphi and become better than Delphi rather than "compatible".

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 07:07:19 pm »
Why don't you submit a patch for a new set of controls to the bugtracker? This way, you don't break backward compatibility and can get what you want.

Others, including me, like backward compatibility with existing code. Personnally, I'm not that interested in Delphi compatibility but I understand others are and respect the decision that Lazarus is to be as Delphi compatible as possible and practical...
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

Alienizer

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 03:10:23 am »
Why don't you submit a patch for a new set of controls to the bugtracker? This way, you don't break backward compatibility and can get what you want.

Others, including me, like backward compatibility with existing code. Personnally, I'm not that interested in Delphi compatibility but I understand others are and respect the decision that Lazarus is to be as Delphi compatible as possible and practical...

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think I could do that!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018