Recent

Author Topic: Can not find unit process used by RegisterFCL.  (Read 3942 times)

Michael Collier

Can not find unit process used by RegisterFCL.
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:30:47 pm »
Hi, I'm trying to cross compile for arduino and get this error when I compile:

registerfcl.pas(0,0) Fatal: Can not find unit process used by RegisterFCL. Check if package FCL is in the dependencies.

I downloaded the precompiled arduino compiler zip from here

https://sourceforge.net/projects/p-tools/files/Free%20Pascal%20for%20ARM/Windows/

and copied the units and executables into my local fpc directory.

I looked at my fpc.cfg file to see that it looks in these directories

# searchpath for units and other system dependent things
-FuC:\lazarus\fpc\$FPCVERSION/units/$fpctarget
-FuC:\lazarus\fpc\$FPCVERSION/units/$fpctarget/*
-FuC:\lazarus\fpc\$FPCVERSION/units/$fpctarget/rtl

I'm not sure what the problem is, I googled and then tried Run/Clean Up Build Files.

Any help appreciated..Thanks

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Can not find unit process used by RegisterFCL.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:17:35 pm »
Just search 'RegisterFCL' in the forum

Michael Collier

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:17:12 pm »
Thanks, I read some of the threads but don't really understand enough about how lazarus handles things under the hood to make use of them. I thought I had already tried some of the things they mentioend e.g. cleaning and building.

I noticed on the Android wiki (further down from wher I previously read)
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Custom_Drawn_Interface/Android#Building_the_compiler_yourself_in_Windows

a paragraph about FPC4Android 2.6.1
svn co https://p-tools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/p-tools/fpc4android_2_6 fpc4android_2_6

I'm using lazarus 1.0.4 so maybe downloading from the link and building would be better for me?

I have downloaded from it , I have run "make all" and "make install" but don't know what to do, is this any use to me to get android installed onto Lazarus and solve my current problem?

Thanks

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:17 am »
I'm using lazarus 1.0.4 so maybe downloading from the link and building would be better for me?
Should be the same, except you want those additional features adn fixes since the last release
I have downloaded from it , I have run "make all" and "make install" but don't know what to do
Follow the steps carefully please, don't skim. Cross compiler installation uses crossinstall target instead of install.
is this any use to me to get android installed onto Lazarus and solve my current problem?
Don't know, it's not yet clear what the real cause. Invalid PPU version? The compiler can't find the required units? How do you "copy" the units and executables from the precompiled package?