Recent

Author Topic: Apps and App Bundles in OSX  (Read 12810 times)

IndianaJones

Re: Apps and App Bundles in OSX
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 09:48:15 pm »

You can choose the icon from the Project/Project Options, if thats the case.

kamischi

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 10:40:05 am »
When the program is running while displaying the new icon, the icon that shows in the Aplle Dock (rightmost in the dock) is not the same--it is the generic Lazarus icon.
Sometimes it is needed to move the application from one folder to another and back in order to initiate an update of the icon for the Finder or Dock. At least easy enough to give it a try.

Michael.
fpc 2.6.4, lazarus 1.4.0, Mac OS X, fink

kelnihat

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 07:37:42 pm »
Thank you for your suggestions InidanaJones, and kamischi.  As I said, this is not vital, but it is always nice to be able to put all one's ducks in a row :)

I tried both suggestions and here is what happens:

Moving the file in and out of the folder (and running it in different places) did not seem to work, but I kept it in mind as a "fix" that might come in handy (see below).

Loading from the Project Options crashes Lazarus if I try to load a .icn or .icns document; it works if I load a Windows icon (.ico) [I know these only because the excellent graphics program GraphicConventer gives these save options].  The icon shows in the Dock, BUT does not show on the App.  One can force it to show if one subsequently drags an .icns (I also tried w/ ico, does not work) into the Resources folder in the bundle, and adds the magic lines to the plist. Also, one has to move the App in and out of its folder before it does actually show.

Maybe a patchquilt solution, but it does work :)  Grateful for your friendly assistance.  Now if you can also vote me "father of the year"...

Regards
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:47:20 pm by kelnihat »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018