Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] MAC OSX 4.8 'Unable to Find Method'  (Read 2864 times)

kevin.black

[SOLVED] MAC OSX 4.8 'Unable to Find Method'
« on: February 14, 2013, 01:27:11 am »
I have Lazarus running on OSX 4.8.2 (in a VMWare VM).

On a WIN PC if I click an event for a, say, BitBtn OnClick the system takes me to the code editor with an TForm1.BitBtnClick1 bit of code generated.

If I do this on the MAC, I get the message:

Unable to find method.  Please fix the error shown in the message window, which is normally below the source editor.

The Message pane message is something like:

Syntax error BEGIN expected but END OF FILE found
Compilation aborted.

Which essentially means, I think, that the TForm1.BitBtnClick1has not been generated.  It then shows the LCLClasses code in the Code Editor and highlights:

uses
    Classes, WSLCLClasses, WSReferences, LCLType, LCLProc;   

Even if I manually edit in a TForm1.BitBtn1Click event (and paste in the code to the Unit1.pas file) I get the same error and the routine name is removed from the OnClick event box.

If I just have the Edit box on the form and the BitBtn without trying to associate any code with the BitBtn, it compiles and runs fine.  I can enter data into the Edit1 box and click the BitBtn 'til my heart's content.......

Any ideas why this is happening??  I assume it is a simple 'setup' type fix, but don'y know.

Thanks,
Kevin
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:37:58 am by kevin.black »

kevin.black

Re: [SOLVED] MAC OSX 4.8 'Unable to Find Method'
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:41:17 am »
You just need to:

TOOLS>Rescan FPC Source Directory

which apparently points it in the correct direction (and must do some sort of reload) although in

TOOLS>Options>Files>FPC Source Directory

it was pointing to the right place, but clearly didm't have the correct info somewhere.

Thanks,
Kevin

TinyPortal © 2005-2018