Recent

Author Topic: Hard float  (Read 11741 times)

halmariane

Re: Hard float
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 06:01:37 pm »
Hi halmariane

I first compiled Thrunk FPC with 2.6.0 rpm FPC package (see http://wiki.freepascal.org/Setup_Cross_Compile_For_ARM).
Then you shoud crosscompile your FPC (Thrunk version), this way (also Lazarus should be compiled with this Thrunk):

sudo make crossinstall CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux CROSSBINDIR=/home/djdjdjole/lazarus/fpc/binutils/
OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF CROSSOPT="-Caeabihf -Cparmv6 -Cfvfpv3_d16" INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

Please - change the folder of binutils, according to your arangement.
The same three flags you should quote inside the Lazarus IDE (in Project Options - "Others" section). Of course, you should also add the path of shared libraries, you pulled from target RPi.

Generated binary - transfer to RPi (ssh or so). I tried few more GTK examples - works as expected.

Regards

Thanks djdjdjole but for the moment it's impossible.

Two months ago I have been croscompiling and working without Hard Float to PI Hard Float OS and all worked right except ScrollBars. For that reason, for ScrollBar i decided to create a ppcrossarm with Linux ARMHF support. From this moment (one week ago) it's impossible execute a Form Application. :'(

I do not know why Console Applications runs. If I crosscompile Form Application it does not start (crash, exceptions and more).
I'm using CodeTyphon 4.10 instead a Lazarus. I have modified the scripts and ppcrossarm and libraries seems they are created right. Ppcrossarm displays the support for ARMHF. I have checked all your flags also (some days ago) and nothing. The application is linked right and crashes in the PI.

I have checked compiling binutils by hand, with EABIHF and withot EABIHF and nothing.... impossible.... application crashes. :'(

I am already very tired
Regards
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:40:47 pm by halmariane »

halmariane

Re: Hard float[Solved]
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 06:42:38 pm »
Solved. Thank you very much  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm using CodeTyphon and the script must be modified on other parts more of the script.

Regards

djdjdjole

Re: Hard float
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 07:28:56 pm »
Good news halmariane. CodeTyphoon seems to be IDE that is worth  learning (avra's proposal), however lack of time prevents me for the moment.
I am also interested in crosscompiling for Qt, using Lazarus. However RPi doesn't have qmake (I must also crosscompile it), and also Qt bindings should be also compiled. Once when I compiled Qt4Pas, I noticed it's dependience of QtWebKit, QtSSL and QtNetwork, which means I also need to compile them (maybe those packages are available precompiled - I didn't search).
Or is it better to build whole RFS (via BuildRoot for example) with all those stuffs?
So it would be nice to here if someone succeeded in that matter and how.

Regards