Forum > Operating Systems

Android vs Linux

<< < (3/3)

Leledumbo:

--- Quote ---And Lazarus, which I mostly use, espetially for embedded GUI Linux, should probably adapt somehow to new winds, else desktops will be it's only field.
--- End quote ---
Lazarus and Free Pascal already supports Android, some applications are already on the market. I already use it myself, both native Android and LCL Custom Drawn way.

djdjdjole:
I've tried some Android coding, using Lazarus, few months ago, but many questions left unanswerd to me. For example - can I use ordinary Lazarus classes for TCP (lNet class) or RS232 (5dpo). What, about bluetooth class for Android or using some new classes - like USB Host API or FTDI adapter class. Can I show new form, the way I do in Windows/Linux instead of using Android Intents.... At that moment, it seemed to me that I must often write JNI leyer, myself, which I consider (if I am not mistaken) not to be promissing.
I think, average programmer expect to use Lazarus the way similar to programming Windows or Linux (and their embedded variants), but seems to me it is not the case with Android (although I now that Android is quite different). Of course, something may be changed since my last Lazarus/Android attempt, or it is my missunderstandings.
And please if you can point me at some links, you consider to be much informative.

Leledumbo:

--- Quote ---For example - can I use ordinary Lazarus classes for TCP (lNet class) or RS232 (5dpo). What, about bluetooth class for Android or using some new classes - like USB Host API or FTDI adapter class
--- End quote ---
I can't answer this as I haven't used them.

--- Quote ---Can I show new form, the way I do in Windows/Linux instead of using Android Intents.... At that moment, it seemed to me that I must often write JNI leyer, myself, which I consider (if I am not mistaken) not to be promissing.
I think, average programmer expect to use Lazarus the way similar to programming Windows or Linux (and their embedded variants), but seems to me it is not the case with Android (although I now that Android is quite different). Of course, something may be changed since my last Lazarus/Android attempt, or it is my missunderstandings.
--- End quote ---
Using LCL Custom Drawn, it's no different from desktop programming with Lazarus:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Custom_Drawn_Interface/Android

You can check $(LazarusDir)/examples/androidlcl as it shows the power of custom drawn interface, single source for both Android and desktop, except for the lpr. In my project, however, I decided to combine the lpr with ifdef, as the difference is so minimal.

djdjdjole:
Thank you, I will investigate the matter, although communications are of primary interest to me. I did some in Java (WiFi and USB host), but it would be interesting of doing it in Lazarus.

Regards

Leledumbo:
By the way, there's LazDeviceAPIs for some hardware access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version