Recent

Author Topic: Qt5 status  (Read 7965 times)

djdjdjole

Qt5 status
« on: January 22, 2013, 06:54:29 pm »
Hi all
When I was using Qt4 for my ARM board, I had to compile libQt4Pas library (for that very board) to enable Lazarus to build Qt programs. However, most Linux distributions related to RPi board, have Qt5 libraries. Does it mean that (if I want to use Lazarus for Qt on RPi board) I must have libQt5Pas? If so, I found no sources for it on official site and don't know if they exist at all.

Regards

DenJean

Re: Qt5 status
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:49:23 am »
There is no binding for Qt 5 yet. Anyhow, even if there was, Lazarus LCL/Qt would need to be updated as well. Qt 5 is less than a month old, so I would think that Qt4 is still available in the repositories of all distros, even RPi.

djdjdjole

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:14:25 am »
Thank you DenJean for reply. I only hoped to avoid building Linux for RPi the way to include Qt4 rather then Qt5 (which holds at official distro). However there is no qmake, also, at RPi, so I'll probably have to build Linux.
And also there is the Lazarus issue, that you've declared in your post.

Regards

BeniBela

• homepage
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:31:50 am »
Shouldn't that file become unnecessarily now that qt is LGPL?

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:36 am »
Shouldn't that file become unnecessarily now that qt is LGPL?

Afaik, the LGPL QT is still C++, and to flatten that, that's what the lib is for.

Fred vS

• StrumPract is the musicians best friend
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 01:02:01 pm »
@ DenJean : One more time, proficiaat for your perfect qt4pas binding.
Is it possible that you add somewhere in your web page, for Linux users, something like :

For Linux Debian users : If you want to install the qt4pas libraries, just do in console : sudo apt-get install libqt4pas-dev

Because lot of people are loosed how to install your fabulous binding.

Thanks
I use Lazarus 2.2.0 32/64 and FPC 3.2.2 32/64 on Debian 11 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 7 32/64, Windows XP 32,  FreeBSD 64.
Widgetset: fpGUI, MSEgui, Win32, GTK2, Qt.

https://github.com/fredvs
https://gitlab.com/fredvs
https://codeberg.org/fredvs

DenJean

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 03:53:09 pm »
Package installation Instructions are very distro dependant. Whatever instructions I put,
someone will always complain they do not work.
Furthermore, some packages in some distros should not be used, e.g. an upstream debian package
compiled with softfloat on a hardffloat system. Most package maintainers just verify if a package compiles,
not whether it is usable. Anyhow thx to those package maintainers, otherwise there would be no packages.
Anyhow, I will look into it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018