Recent

Author Topic: ZEOSLib 7.0.3-stable is released  (Read 7673 times)

EgonHugeist

ZEOSLib 7.0.3-stable is released
« on: January 05, 2013, 01:00:27 pm »
Dear Zeos-friends/fans/users,

long times a lot of Zeos users have been waiting for it: Zeos7 is officially declared as Stable!  :)

Some of you have allready realized it: http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,18475.0.html

A small summary for all:

An amazing list af bugfixes have been made. I can't count them any more.
FPC2.6 and FPC2.7 support is ready! Some remaining FPC-DataSet issues have been solved too. Spezial thanks for help to MarcoVV and LudoB!  ;D

TZConnection.AutoEncodeStrings: Boolean; which you can use if to be able to work with MsSQL or another Driver and NO UTF8-CharacterSet.  :)
TZConnection.LibraryLocation: String; which allows you to load the client-libraries in different version and locations on demand.
FireBird-CharacterSet 'NONE' support for all pascal compilers and theire true collumen-collations.

Two Real-Prepared Statements for PostgreSQL are added. One for PG 7.4down and one lightning fast for PG8/9+. (TZDataSet.Oprtions := [doPreferePrepared]). For SQLite this way is available on testing-7.1 which currently is in development.

Our TZStoredProc-Component got a real full MakeOver: We support Oracle(some remaining things like TNestedFields are in develpement currently), Firebird, Sybase ASA/ASE, MsSQL(remaining issues with FreeTDS which currently is a little bit incomplete) and MySQL with Multiple ResultSets etc.

IF the FPC core decides to go UnicodeString then -> We're ready to go.
 The whole change log is readable on SourceForge.net if you've a look to the commit logs of our subversions (1000 commits in one year).

I want to thank all users for theire patiance, help, tips, bugreports, tests, advices to me personally  %) and theire support for other newbies  ::)

Have fun with Zeos!

King regards, Michael - ZeosDevTeam

JD

Re: ZEOSLib 7.0.3-stable is released
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:04:49 pm »
Thanks a million to you and the rest of the ZeosDev team for your work. I've already made the transition from the alpha version to this one and it works just fine.

JD
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

otorres

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:25:14 pm »
Hello, i was tested it one week ago and this is very usefull, a little bugs with MS SQL Stored procedure with Free TDS but works very good with old library.

Thanks so much for this great job!!

silvestre

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:02:51 pm »
I have followed your work and it's fantastic. Zeos has "risen" again a great version.

Congratulations.

Silvestre. ;D

Dear Zeos-friends/fans/users,

long times a lot of Zeos users have been waiting for it: Zeos7 is officially declared as Stable!  :)

Some of you have allready realized it: http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,18475.0.html

A small summary for all:

An amazing list af bugfixes have been made. I can't count them any more.
FPC2.6 and FPC2.7 support is ready! Some remaining FPC-DataSet issues have been solved too. Spezial thanks for help to MarcoVV and LudoB!  ;D

TZConnection.AutoEncodeStrings: Boolean; which you can use if to be able to work with MsSQL or another Driver and NO UTF8-CharacterSet.  :)
TZConnection.LibraryLocation: String; which allows you to load the client-libraries in different version and locations on demand.
FireBird-CharacterSet 'NONE' support for all pascal compilers and theire true collumen-collations.

Two Real-Prepared Statements for PostgreSQL are added. One for PG 7.4down and one lightning fast for PG8/9+. (TZDataSet.Oprtions := [doPreferePrepared]). For SQLite this way is available on testing-7.1 which currently is in development.

Our TZStoredProc-Component got a real full MakeOver: We support Oracle(some remaining things like TNestedFields are in develpement currently), Firebird, Sybase ASA/ASE, MsSQL(remaining issues with FreeTDS which currently is a little bit incomplete) and MySQL with Multiple ResultSets etc.

IF the FPC core decides to go UnicodeString then -> We're ready to go.
 The whole change log is readable on SourceForge.net if you've a look to the commit logs of our subversions (1000 commits in one year).

I want to thank all users for theire patiance, help, tips, bugreports, tests, advices to me personally  %) and theire support for other newbies  ::)

Have fun with Zeos!

King regards, Michael - ZeosDevTeam

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 12:57:42 pm »
Great, thanks!

Are you sure freetds supports sybase asa though? AFAIR asa has a different protocol than ase or ms sql...

Regardless, thanks for the good work!
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

EgonHugeist

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 10:57:10 pm »
Tanks you all for your reply and the applaud.

@otorres

Yes you're right with the DBLIB or NTWDBLIB.DLL the stored-proc works perfektly. I hope i was clear: The FreeTDS-Lib misses 3 funtions we need for direct access to the result-values. I had not the time to fix FreeTDS too, since "only" the Zeos-Corner seems to use the funtions.

@BigChimp: Oh you missunderstand me. To be clear: FreeTDS is only made for all "Tabular-Data-Stream" protocols like MsSQL and Sybase ASE. The API of the Sybase ASA protocol IMHO is "equal" to the Interbase/FireBird protocol and works nice with Zeos7 (i've tested ASA12).

King regards,

Michael
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:26:01 am by EgonHugeist »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018