Recent

Author Topic: FreeBSD port  (Read 22134 times)

ancestor

FreeBSD port
« on: February 13, 2006, 10:51:46 pm »
I wanted to try lazarus on FreeBSD to evaluating the possibility of migration of some of our delphi apps, but I couldn't find the port, so I created one. It is experimental, and I haven't commited it yet, because I found at least onde odd bug - the editor window show the text white on white (by default). Even when I try to change the color scheme, it fails to render the text in the proper color e.g. Turbo Pascal scheme shows text and background blue. If I select and copy the text to another editor, the selection is copied correctly. Am I missing some config/parameter?

Is it also possible to get the source code for a specific release? It would be advisable not to base a port on a daily snapshot.

Almindor

FreeBSD port
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:22:44 pm »
You need to change font to for example "clean" in editor options otherwise font is invisible. I'm currently working on FPC 2.0.2 and Lazarus PORTs, I think it might be a good idea to cooperate on this, there are too many "fpc" ports out there already.

Almindor

ancestor

FreeBSD port
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 02:50:17 am »
Tnks for the tip, it solved the problem. Regarding the ports for FreeBSD, I'm willing to help. I'm using FreeBSD 6.0, and so far I've managed to do a simple makefile and distinfo to build lazarus from the portstree. I'm working on adding the dependencies needed into the makefile. I guess it will be necessary to integrate the fpc2 sourcetree also, but I haven't done that yet. If  you want, you may contact me via email to ancestor@sapo.pt

acm

FreeBSD port
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:49:12 pm »
Quote from: "ancestor"
Tnks for the tip, it solved the problem. Regarding the ports for FreeBSD, I'm willing to help. I'm using FreeBSD 6.0, and so far I've managed to do a simple makefile and distinfo to build lazarus from the portstree. I'm working on adding the dependencies needed into the makefile. I guess it will be necessary to integrate the fpc2 sourcetree also, but I haven't done that yet. If  you want, you may contact me via email to ancestor@sapo.pt

Nowadays, the lazarus editor is into FreeBSD ports tree

http://www.freshports.org/editors/lazarus

Greetings
ACM

Almindor

• http://www.astarot.tk
FreeBSD port
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 10:24:14 am »
Note that there are still some problems with using components in the port-installed lazarus. (it doesn't install them properly)

I'm trying to debug this issue further.

ataru

FreeBSD port
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 09:48:25 pm »
Hi,

ACM I understand that you are the official maintainer of the FreeBSD Lazarus port.  These last couple of days I have been trying to install lazarus using pkg_add -r lazarus as per instructions on http://www.freshports.org/editors/lazarus/  but apparently something is broken with the ports installation.  The pkg_add script tells me that the package cannot be found on the freebsd servers.  

The master ftp file location on the freshports page points to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/freepascal/  whereas the script goes looking in a completely different location, which when followed through a browser or ftp client does not seem to exist.

Being new to FreeBSD and Lazarus I was unable to proceed further with the installation.  Can you please verify that all is in order?  Or maybe perhaps point me in the right direction?  (I am using a freshly installed i386 6.1 release.  I have been able to install several other ports, so my system should be working ok.)

Almindor2 is saying that there are problems with the port version of Lazarus.  What kind of problems are these?  Would they mean a completely broken install?

Regards,
Edwin

acm

FreeBSD port
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 06:12:57 pm »
Quote from: "ataru"
Hi,
ACM I understand that you are the official maintainer of the FreeBSD Lazarus port.  These last couple of days I have been trying to install lazarus using pkg_add -r lazarus as per instructions on http://www.freshports.org/editors/lazarus/  but apparently something is broken with the ports installation.  The pkg_add script tells me that the package cannot be found on the freebsd servers.

The lazarus port was included later of 6.1 RELEASE (maybe, you should update FreeBSD to STABLE version). It's the reason that lazarus packages isn't available on ftp mirrors. You could use packages-6-stable mirror for install it or you could use freebsd ports and compile fp and lazarus applications. (if you update FreeBSD to STABLE version. it will use packages-6-stable for default)

The master ftp file location on the freshports page points to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/freepascal/  whereas the script goes looking in a completely different location, which when followed through a browser or ftp client does not seem to exist.

The ftp mirrors of the lazarus distfile are sourceforge and lazarus sites.

Being new to FreeBSD and Lazarus I was unable to proceed further with the installation.  Can you please verify that all is in order?  Or maybe perhaps point me in the right direction?  (I am using a freshly installed i386 6.1 release.  I have been able to install several other ports, so my system should be working ok.)

Nowadays, The lazarus port has some problems (i updated it to 0.9.18, but it isn't officially released and the source package could change), i'll mark lazarus like BROKEN and i'll wait for the official announcement of new version.

Almindor2 is saying that there are problems with the port version of Lazarus.  What kind of problems are these?  Would they mean a completely broken install?

The lazarus works fine for me on FreeBSD. It has some tiny problems but it's usable :)

Greetings
ACM

acm

FreeBSD port
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 05:04:32 am »
Finally the new version of lazarus was released officially. I updated the lazarus port on FreeBSD ports tree. You could try to install it using the FreeBSD ports tree :)

Greetings
ACM

jrmarino

FreeBSD port
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 11:16:33 am »
acm, as a freeBSD user, Thank You very much for your efforts in maintaining this port.

ataru

FreeBSD port
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 10:41:52 pm »
Finally I have installed Lazarus on FreeBSD.  It involved lots of learning and experimentation, but not it's done :)

My problem is now that when loading the IDE I get a message saying that "The Free Pascal source directory was not found", and that "Some code functions will not work."  Ignoring this message will allow the default empty project to compile and run, but when placing controls and double clicking on them, further errors pop up saying that sources could not be found.

I tried to point the FPC Source Directory field in the Environment Options window to a suitable directory, but it seems that I do not have the FPC sources.  To install I compiled everything from source:

Code: [Select]

#cd /usr/ports/editors/lazarus
#make install clean

The lazarus and fpc related packages that I have installed are as follows:

#pkg_info

(snippet)
lazarus-0.9.18_2    A portable Delphi-like IDE for the FreePascal compiler

fpc-2.0.4_1         Free Pascal compiler with Turbo and Delphi
fpc-base-2.0.4      Meta package to install all of the Free Pascal base
fpc-bfd-2.0.4_1     Free Pascal interface for the GNU Binary Format description
fpc-docs-2.0.4      Free Pascal compiler Adobe Acrobat(tm) documentation
fpc-fcl-2.0.4_1     Free Pascal Component Library
fpc-fftw-2.0.4_1    Free Pascal interface to the FFTW3 library
fpc-forms-2.0.4_1   X-Forms interface for Free Pascal
fpc-fpgtk-2.0.4_1   Free Component Library for create programs with gtk
fpc-fv-2.0.4        FreeVision is a Free Pascal unit for Delphi support
fpc-gconf-2.0.4_1   Free Pascal interface to GConf
fpc-gdbint-2.0.4    Free Pascal unit providing interface to gdb
fpc-gdbm-2.0.4_1    Free Pascal interface to the GNU database system
fpc-ggi-2.0.4_1     Free Pascal interface to libggi
fpc-gnome-2.0.4     Free Pascal unit to create programs for GNOME 1
fpc-graph-2.0.4     Free Pascal interface to graphical applications
fpc-gtk-2.0.4_1     Free Pascal interface to the GTK libraries
fpc-gtk2-2.0.4_1    Free Pascal interface to the GTK2 libraries
fpc-hash-2.0.4      Free Pascal unit for MD5 hash routines
fpc-ibase-2.0.4_1   Free Pascal interface to interbase
fpc-ide-2.0.4       Free Pascal integrated IDE/compiler
fpc-imlib-2.0.4_1   Free Pascal interface to imlib library
fpc-libasync-2.0.4  Free Pascal interface to async library
fpc-libgd-2.0.4_1   Free Pascal interface to libgd for producing graphics files
fpc-libpng-2.0.4_1  Free Pascal interface to libpng, for reading PNG image file
fpc-mysql-2.0.4_1   Free Pascal interface to MySQL
fpc-ncurses-2.0.4   Free Pascal interface to the ncurses library
fpc-netdb-2.0.4     Pure-pascal netdb implementation
fpc-odbc-2.0.4_1    Free Pascal interface to ODBC
fpc-opengl-2.0.4_1  Free Pascal interface to the OpenGL library
fpc-oracle-2.0.4_1  Free Pascal interface to Oracle
fpc-pasjpeg-2.0.4   Handling JPEG files with Pascal
fpc-paszlib-2.0.4   Free Pascal unit for native compression IO
fpc-postgres-2.0.4_1 Free Pascal interface to PostGreSQL
fpc-pthreads-2.0.4  Free Pascal wraper for the pthreads library
fpc-regexpr-2.0.4   Free Pascal regular expression routines
fpc-sqlite-2.0.4_1  Free Pascal interface to SQLite
fpc-svgalib-2.0.4_1 Free Pascal interface to the SVGA graphics library
fpc-syslog-2.0.4    Free Pascal interface to the system logger
fpc-tcl-2.0.4_1     Free Pascal interface to the tcl/tk interpreter
fpc-units-2.0.4     A meta port to install Free Pascal units
fpc-unzip-2.0.4_1   Free Pascal routines for unzipping zip files
fpc-utils-2.0.4     Free Pascal Compiler utils
fpc-utmp-2.0.4      Free Pascal unit to gather information from the utmp file
fpc-x11-2.0.4_1     Free Pascal interface to X windows server
fpc-zlib-2.0.4      Free Pascal interface to the zlib compression library
fpc-zvt-2.0.4_1     Free Pascal interface to Zed's Virtual Terminal

I have been unable to install the binary distribution as it still does not work for me:

#pkg_add -r lazarus
Error: FTP Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6.1-release/Latest/lazarus.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6.1-release/Latest/lazarus.tbz' by URL

Although I have used cvsup to update to STABLE sources and STABLE ports tree, my system is still thinking it is the RELEASE version.  The problem is that I don't know what to change to set the system to the STABLE version.  (I did rebuild world after cvsup, though).

How can I stop Lazarus complaining about the missing sources?  Should I download and install these?  If yes, from where?  Maybe these should be added as a dependency to the Lazarus package?  

Any suggestions would be greatly welcome.

Cheers!
Edwin

acm

FreeBSD port
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 06:24:23 pm »
Quote from: "jrmarino"
acm, as a freeBSD user, Thank You very much for your efforts in maintaining this port.

Thanks, it's only a bit help to lazarus and freepascal communities :)

Greetings
ACM

acm

FreeBSD port
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 06:41:58 pm »
Finally I have installed Lazarus on FreeBSD.  It involved lots of learning and experimentation, but not it's done :)

Nice, also i'm learning with it :)

My problem is now that when loading the IDE I get a message saying that "The Free Pascal source directory was not found", and that "Some code functions will not work."  Ignoring this message will allow the default empty project to compile and run, but when placing controls and double clicking on them, further errors pop up saying that sources could not be found.

Well, you can do it

Copy the fpcbuild-2.0.4.tar.gz file from /usr/ports/distfiles/freepascal to your home directory, descompress it (you can rename it to fpc-2.0.4 if you want) and in your lazarus environment options, set the fpc source directory to ~/fpc-2.0.4/fpcsrc/ and try again :)

I have been unable to install the binary distribution as it still does not work for me:

Although I have used cvsup to update to STABLE sources and STABLE ports tree, my system is still thinking it is the RELEASE version.  The problem is that I don't know what to change to set the system to the STABLE version.  (I did rebuild world after cvsup, though).

You can to set the environment PACKAGESITE variable

setenv PACKASITE ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/

Greetings
ACM

tatamata

• ZMSQL - SQL enhanced in-memory database
FreeBSD port
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 02:24:42 pm »
Hello, guys!
Could someone try to make Lazarus .pbi package for PCBSD(www.pcbsd.org) ?

Almindor

• http://www.astarot.tk
FreeBSD port
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 08:45:33 pm »
I made one for 0.9.12 back in the day. It shouldn't be difficult to get it and update. Problem is, PC-BSD packaging sucks in regards to "generator" programs. libgtk1 isn't present by default, and if you want your programs to work you need to add it. What's worse, in the ingenious moment of the FreeBSD idiocy, they decided to rename libgtk12.so to libgtk-12.so sometime during FreeBSD 6.x, so you might also find this little problem as well.

Good luck with that :P I already gave up on that OS

TinyPortal © 2005-2018