Forum > Windows (32/64)

can't "Build Lazarus"

(1/1)

kalwados:
I've downloaded and installed Lazarus 0.9.1b for Win32. Installation directory is D:\lazarus (no blanks in name), and PATH is set to D:\lazarus\pp\bin\win32;%PATH%

When trying to "Build Lazarus" from tools menu, the compiler starts to work for several minutes, then build process stops with an error. These are the last output lines:
----------
TOutputFilter: "D:/lazarus/pp/bin/win32/ppc386.exe -gl -Fu. -Fuc:/pp/units/win32/rtl -Fuc:/pp/units/win32/paszlib -Fuc:/pp/units/win32/netdb -Fuc:/pp/units/win32/fcl -Fuc:/pp/units/win32/mysql -Fuc:/pp/units/win32/ibase -FU../units/i386/win32 -di386 lazaruspackageintf.pas"
TOutputFilter: "Hint: End of reading config file d:\lazarus\pp\bin\win32\fpc.cfg"
TOutputFilter: "Free Pascal Compiler version 1.9.3 [2004/03/02] for i386"
TOutputFilter: "Copyright (c) 1993-2004 by Florian Klaempfl"
TOutputFilter: "Target OS: Win32 for i386"
TOutputFilter: "Compiling lazaruspackageintf.pas"
TOutputFilter: "109 Lines compiled, 0.4 sec"
TOutputFilter: ""Build Package Registration" completed"
[TExternalToolList.Run] D:\lazarus\pp\bin\win32\make.exe all
TExternalToolList.Run Exception: there was an error
----------
I've already tried to rename lazarus.exe before building a new version, but that did not help (same error).

Any hints, please.

TIA
Achim

Vincent Snijders:
I have the same problem as you, but haven't found the cause of this problem. What you can do, is change the build lazarus configuration in such a way, that it doesn't build parts the were completed.

What I did in a similar case like yours, was:
1. Open Configure "Build Lazarus" dialog. (Tools, Configure"Build Lazarus")
2. Set to "Build All" and press OK.
3. Build lazarus.
Now you get this error.
4. Open Configure "Build Lazarus" dialog.
5. Remove the Clean all checkbox.
6. Set Build LCL, SynEdit, CodeTools, Package Registration to none. (These items were build successfully).
7. Build Lazarus.
Repeat 4 - 7 and set completely build items to none, until it succeeds.

HTH,
Vincent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version