Recent

Author Topic: Lazreport page count issue when using TfrUserDataset and ongetvalue[SOLVED]  (Read 5158 times)

snorkel

Laz 1.0.4 32bit
Windows 7 64bit

I built a report using the TFrUserDataset and the reports on get value event.
I have the multi pass report option set to true and when I print the report
the page footer on the last page shows no page number, the first 3 pages show the number, but not the fourth.

If the report data is small and fits on a singe page the page number is again not shown.

Also when using the Report Title band it does not pick up values from OnGetValue.

These issues do not appear when using the TfrDBDataset component.

I guess I could be doing something wrong, but I think it's a bug.

Comments? Suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:59:23 pm by snorkel »
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

sylvanus67

Re: Lazreport page count issue when using TfrUserDataset and ongetvalue
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:42:14 pm »
Do you checked on Page footer "On last page" checkbox?

snorkel

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 07:01:37 pm »
Yes, on first page and on last page is checked.

It works fine when I use the TFRDBDataset, so I could copy the data from the array into a tmemorydataset and use that, but that's a lot of extra overhead just to get the page number on the last page.

The "almost" exact same code works on delphi in Fastreport, so it's probably a safe bet its a bug that existed in the original fast report code that lazreport is based from.
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

paweld

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 07:20:30 pm »
examle code and report?
Best regards / Pozdrawiam
paweld

snorkel

It's not a bug, just a difference in how the page variable works between Lazreport and fastreport

if CompareText(parName, 'username') = 0 then
        ParValue:= 'This is a test bla bla bla'
         else parvalue:='';    <---this causes the page number to be over written with a blank   

Apparently LazReport generates the page number before the OnGetValue, and having the line above sets the last page# or the first page# if only one page to  blank.   

***Snorkel***

TinyPortal © 2005-2018