Recent

Author Topic: Same as before  (Read 13693 times)

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
Re: Same as before
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 02:57:11 pm »
@theo, good advice, you're right.
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

MikeFinch

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 07:03:20 am »
Thanks additionally to Zoran and Theo (I have compressed - zipped - from Dolphin; will try Project Saving from the IDE another time),

Now I attach (I hope) the zipped drastically cutdown versions of the Windows and Linux versions for the experts to inspect.

Reminder : A) the columns property in ListBox and B) listing in ComboBox to observe.

Good Luck! Mike Finch

theo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 12:56:04 pm »
Reminder : A) the columns property in ListBox and B) listing in ComboBox to observe.

Already answered several times in several years. Are you a troll?

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,19114.msg109285.html#msg109285

MikeFinch

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 05:36:53 am »
Further to my submission of the zipped sourcecode of the Windows and Lazarus programs for developers to observe, I would like to make the following two comments.

A) Comboboxes. In Windows my setting for ItemHeight is 24; in Linux this property refuses to budge off of zero. I think this might be the root cause of my difficulties. Is it a bug or not? Has it simply not yet been dealt with?

B) ListBoxes : I've been told that the property Columns is not implemented in Lazarus Linux. If this is the case then why is it included in the list of properties at all? Is it something to be dealt with (as for the combobox problem above?).

Or is there some inherent reason that these two properties won't or can't work in linux? Frustrating!!

Mike Finch

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 09:17:53 am »
A) Comboboxes. In Windows my setting for ItemHeight is 24; in Linux this property refuses to budge off of zero. I think this might be the root cause of my difficulties. Is it a bug or not? Has it simply not yet been dealt with?
If you're too lazy to take conclusion in the given thread link: it's widgetset dependent behavior, LCL can't control that, thus it's not a bug.
B) ListBoxes : I've been told that the property Columns is not implemented in Lazarus Linux. If this is the case then why is it included in the list of properties at all? Is it something to be dealt with (as for the combobox problem above?).
Because LCL has uniform interface for all widgetsets. You may have a look at restricted tab in the object inspector when you select a TListBox to see widgetset limitation.

MikeFinch

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 12:10:26 am »
OK folks! We are not talking about bugs, but widgetsets.
As a hobbyist lazarus (ex delphi) programmer I created a Windows program that does what I want very well. Is it not simply natural to expect a linux equivalent to do the same? - I have these two as yet unresolved problems to contend with (apart from my ignorance that is!).
I am pretty ignorant about widgetsets (perhaps someone could give me a good reference to learn about same?).
The Restrictions tab under Object Inspector for the combobox parts and ListBox all give "none". (I also need to learn/appreciate was this tab is about).
Sorry to be such a pain folks, but getting the combobox and listbox to work as desired would be satisfying (no one has told me WHY the columns property in listbox is not implemented or WHY combobox doesn't produce a nice list encapsulated by the box's border as in Windows..................).
Mike Finch  :D

theo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 12:26:14 am »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018