Recent

Author Topic: Image Printing issue on Lazreport included with 1.0.4  (Read 4544 times)

snorkel

Image Printing issue on Lazreport included with 1.0.4
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:14:37 pm »
Laz 32bit 1.0.4
Lazreport version included with Laz 1.0.4

I have a report with a image logo in the upper left corner and if I preview the report it looks great,
when i print it the image shrinks in size and you can barely see it on the printed copy.

If I turn on the stretch for the image it then prints, but the quality is reduced because of the stretch.

This happened in lazarus 1.0.2 as well, so it's not something new.

Just wanted to know if anyone else sees this behavior or if I am doing something wrong before I submit a bug report.

Thanks,

Snorkel
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

ttomas

Re: Image Printing issue on Lazreport included with 1.0.4
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 08:04:55 pm »
This is normal behavior.
You have low resolution image. When you preview you have screen resolution ex. 96 dpi, but your printer have 600 or more dpi. You must use high res image for good printing and Stretch := True and KeepAspect := True

jesusr

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:47:02 pm »
1.0.4 should correct some LazReport image problems, including the one you mention, can you please made available a report sample so we can investigate the cause?

snorkel

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 05:46:59 pm »
Ok,
I have attached a sample project that replicates it on my PC.

Just open the project and open the report at design time and preview it, then print it from
the preview.  When printed on a HP laser jet printer from windows 7 the image prints
as a tiny stamp like image.

I should mention that I upgraded laz 1.0.2 I did not do a fresh install, I don't think that matters as I rebuilt everything after the upgrade and it should have upgraded the report components as well.
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

jesusr

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 06:01:28 pm »
Thanks for the test, this problem was fixed by Luiz in lazarus Trunk in r39366, it will be fixed in next release (1.0.6)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018