Recent

Author Topic: Anyone able to compile Kylix/Delphi DSO Web application  (Read 5871 times)

Jeff

Anyone able to compile Kylix/Delphi DSO Web application
« on: February 09, 2006, 03:27:17 am »
Just wonder if anyone have tried to compile Kylix/Delphi DSO Web application?  I would appreciate very much for you feedback.

jw

felipemdc

• Administrator
RE: Anyone able to compile Kylix/Delphi DSO Web application
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:24:22 pm »
What exactly is a DSO Web application ? It´s some kind of XML network communication right?

If you can break this problem into parts we can give you the solution of each one. I think there is no ready made solution for the whole, but each part can be implemented. After you make it work you can try to make a package that joins the parts into a delphi compatible component and send to the community.

I think that basically there will be the problem of parsing XML and the problem of doing network communication.

XML parsing can be done with the SAX and DOM units. I don´t remember where, but there should be examples...

Network communication, there are a few solutions, like lNet package.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 12:10:17 am »
You might find this information very useful: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Networking

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 01:36:53 am »
I have a web isapi application done with Delphi and running on Windows and compiled with Kylix as Apache DSO working under Linux. Just wonder if anyone has tried to compiled such project under Lazarus under Linux? There is no visual component.

Thanks,
Jw

TinyPortal © 2005-2018