Forum > FV/Textmode IDE

FreePascal text mode dialog designer for Free Vision

<< < (14/16) > >>

korba812:

--- Quote from: x2nie on May 01, 2017, 02:18:51 pm ---You have confirmed that my imagination was wrong, :P  due I think another appearance of non-console-app appearance (see last pic below)
--- End quote ---
In graphical mode it is possible to add graphical elements. So if you have old Clipper code that works in text mode, by adding a few lines of code you can update the application to look like a GUI application.

x2nie:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on May 01, 2017, 05:12:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: x2nie on May 01, 2017, 02:18:51 pm ---Wow, :o that is cool for my eyes. amazing to know that a console app is also a gui app, both in a single exe.
You have confirmed that my imagination was wrong, :P  due I think another appearance of non-console-app appearance (see last pic below)

--- End quote ---

That screenshot is just to hide the teletubbies...?

--- End quote ---
Yes, but the "teletubbies" is windows form, not the console one.! 8-)

Actually, my screenshot is taken from here: https://jonlennartaasenden.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/build-your-own-delphi-based-operative-system/
Which there, the main topic is about running delphi application in DOS, so there are tools to emulate windows environment in DOS

marcov:

--- Quote from: x2nie on May 02, 2017, 03:16:04 am ---Actually, my screenshot is taken from here: https://jonlennartaasenden.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/build-your-own-delphi-based-operative-system/
Which there, the main topic is about running delphi application in DOS, so there are tools to emulate windows environment in DOS

--- End quote ---

Just read through the comments on that site. Only the non visual part seemed to be working.

jc99:
... and on top of that, it's based on DWPL, and for DWPL you need the original borland-sources, they are copied into the directory and the patched (with a binary patching tool).
... so you have to do that, then compare the patched sources and the find a solution without copyrighted units in fpc ... sounds like fun ... ;)

Graeme:

--- Quote from: marcov on May 01, 2017, 03:50:49 pm ---Yes it supports external tools,

--- End quote ---
Excellent, thanks for confirming that.

--- Quote ---...but only in a blocking way, iow the IDE only resumes if the tool has finished afaik

--- End quote ---
That is actually the desired behaviour - for me at least, when using the fpGUI UIDesigner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version