Forum > Suggestions

I do not like ^

<< < (2/6) > >>

Leledumbo:

--- Quote ---The symbol ^ is fine, but i think i have to agree with Delphi's philosophy with it. When i have pointer to a class or record variable, i shouldn't need to use:
recordVarPtr^.Property but just recordVarPtr.Property
--- End quote ---
Delphi and TP already do that, so does their corresponding compatibility mode in Free Pascal (but AFAIK only if they're accessed as parameters).

anis2505:
Hi,

this symbol is annoying. to me my keyboard is AZERTY and it's a French layout, to type the ^ I have to press it twice which produce ^^ and the I delete one of them. This is because this symbol not usually used in French only for some words like  ĂȘtre (to be in English).

regards

eny:

--- Quote from: anis2505 on November 17, 2012, 09:57:59 am ---this symbol is annoying. to me my keyboard is AZERTY and it's a French layout, to type the ^ I have to press it twice which produce ^^ and the I delete one of them

--- End quote ---
Press ^ space...

anis2505:

--- Quote from: eny on November 17, 2012, 10:25:51 am ---
--- Quote from: anis2505 on November 17, 2012, 09:57:59 am ---this symbol is annoying. to me my keyboard is AZERTY and it's a French layout, to type the ^ I have to press it twice which produce ^^ and the I delete one of them

--- End quote ---
Press ^ space...

--- End quote ---

Thanks  :)

Fred vS:

--- Quote ---is annoying. to me my keyboard is AZERTY
--- End quote ---

Mine too  :-X.

By the way, i will not be against to change the symbol to point to a value  @variable  (who, for me, is property of internet) with something like  PtrtoVal(variable).

PS: I do not have absolutely nothing against symbols, it is just that, for me, using that kind of symbol is more in the  "C" mood than in Pascal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version