Recent

Author Topic: little problem with IDE  (Read 10307 times)

akhdan

little problem with IDE
« on: March 18, 2004, 12:05:13 am »
Why when i minimized the main form, the others form doesn't minimize too. I have to minimize one by one.
When I minimized the result form, the form doesn't minimize to the taskbar, but still stay on the taksbar.

Marc

• Administrator
little problem with IDE
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 10:32:01 am »
THis is not implemented yet
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

neli

little problem with IDE
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 10:44:25 am »
Hmm if a window is minimized to taskbar, how do you restore it then?

akhdan

little problem with IDE
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 11:20:01 am »
i have some problem:

1. why i can't copy text from other resource (ex. notepad) to the editor.
2. in code completion, after i press enter always followed gy semicolon,  and  the active window suddenly  change? so i have to click the editor again.
3. when i use Terminal component (if i'm not wrong) after i compile, then i click one of page/tab, the application close.
4. when i click the emty area in editors, frequently link to the xxxxx.lrs this is anoying me.

i'm sorry if my english is not good enough, because english is not my natural language. thanks for your attention

Anonymous

little problem with IDE
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 12:15:22 am »
Hi akhdan

I have the same problems. But nobody answered.

It's ubelievable that some developers compare Lazarus with Delphi 5. Maybe it works stable on linux, but on windows I can't use it.

Bye

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
little problem with IDE
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 07:46:30 am »
Hi ahkdan.

Quote from: "akhdan"
i have some problem:
1. why i can't copy text from other resource (ex. notepad) to the editor.

Clipboard support is not completed yet. Or maybe it is just a bug. Please submit a bug report in the bug tracker, so it won't be forgotten.

2. in code completion, after i press enter always followed gy semicolon,  and  the active window suddenly  change? so i have to click the editor again.

This is bug 216.

3. when i use Terminal component (if i'm not wrong) after i compile, then i click one of page/tab, the application close.

I am not sure what the Terminal component is. What class type is it? If you can reproduce it, please submit a bug report.

4. when i click the emty area in editors, frequently link to the xxxxx.lrs this is anoying me.

I think this is bug 217. It is fixed in the CVS version.

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
little problem with IDE
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 08:07:52 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

I have the same problems. But nobody answered.

See for some answers the previous post. I also tried to comment on your other remarks.

It's ubelievable that some developers compare Lazarus with Delphi 5.

In some ways you can compare it with Delphi 5. It is an RAD tool using object pascal with a  library of components that is deisgned to be compatible with code written to support Delphi's VCL. Therefore it is quite understandable people compare it to Delphi.

I don't know in what context the Delphi version is used, but fpc / lazarus is almost compatible with Delphi 3, but has also some of the extension you see in Delphi 4 and 5, but less or none of the later extension to VCL (properties and classes) and runtime library (e.g. the sysutils unit).

On the other hand it is very different. FPC is about as old as Delphi, but much younger if you also count the turbo pascal years. Lazarus is aproaching its fifth aniversary. Delphi is developed by tens or hundreds full time employed persons, fpc / lazarus by (my wild guess) at most 100 different people and maybe 20 working on it significantly at any moment, doing it in there spare time.

Maybe it works stable on linux, but on windows I can't use it.

It is more stable on linux than on windows. If you have specific bugs that make it unusable for you, please use the bug tracker to submit them, (if they are not there yet :-)). If you can't use it now, come back and try it in 6 months. It won't be perfect then, but again quite a lot of bugs will be fixed and hopefully you can use it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018