Recent

Author Topic: in my oppinon...  (Read 9631 times)

Anonymous

in my oppinon...
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:39:41 am »
Don't see me as saying that the developers of lazarus are dumb. Because they are deffinately not. They have come up with a really interesting way to imitate delphi with freepascal compiler.

But don't you think you may have over complecated things. I think the recompilation of lazarus everytime.

I think there could be an easier way to do the components. Such as just reading an XML file for all the dependency files and such. Like templates for c++ IDE's.

And for the form designers, there could be a single system that takes XML's files. Parses them for the WinAPI calls and such.

I'm just saying I think there is a way less complecated way for the Windows version.

I mean, I don't want to make you feel like you software is crap, but its been 5 years since this app started. And this is all to show for it. It is either laziness, or poor programming skills.

Not to mention it hasn't even reached version 1.

I think that is rediculous. This compared to delphi personal. I'll go with delphi personal, because this software is buggy, and the IDE just isn't very friendly.

sorry.

Marc

• Administrator
Re: in my oppinon...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 10:17:30 am »
Sorry I couldn't resist

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Don't see me as saying that the developers of lazarus are dumb. Because they are deffinately not. They have come up with a really interesting way to imitate delphi with freepascal compiler.

But don't you think you may have over complecated things. I think the recompilation of lazarus everytime.

I think there could be an easier way to do the components.

Indeed, there is a easier way, and it would have been used if the compiler had package support.

Such as just reading an XML file for all the dependency files and such. Like templates for c++ IDE's.

I wonder if you understand how components work. They are not a bunch of definitions, but placed on a form the code in it is really executed. Tell me how would you execute the code by reading an XML file ?

And for the form designers, there could be a single system that takes XML's files. Parses them for the WinAPI calls and such.

Tell me what has a form designer to do with winapi calls ?
And how would such file be generated ?

I'm just saying I think there is a way less complecated way for the Windows version.

And what is the advandate of this for lazarus beeing a crosplatform tool ?

I mean, I don't want to make you feel like you software is crap, but its been 5 years since this app started. And this is all to show for it. It is either laziness, or poor programming skills.

Not to mention it hasn't even reached version 1.

Have you ever coded a serious project yourself ?

I think that is rediculous. This compared to delphi personal. I'll go with delphi personal, because this software is buggy, and the IDE just isn't very friendly.

sorry.

What else do you expect from a beta product ? (besides, Delphi is also buggy)
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

RudieD

RE: Re: in my oppinon...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 01:46:02 pm »

And this is all to show for it.

I'm sorry, but ... what do you mean by that ? I have been following Lazarus for a few years now and I can see enhancements and improvements on a weekly basis. If what you are looking at is not available yet, why don't you then put some eford in it and help ? This is a COMUNITY eford as far as I know, and help is always welcome. :?:

BTW: I'll hopefully soon add a little Chess Program that I'm working on (with Lazarus) to the example programs.
The FRED Trainer. (Training FRED with Lazarus/FPC)

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 06:33:25 pm »
I can only say what I wrote in another topic as well: Borland wasn't able to fix some of the bugs I reported more than two years ago. When I found a problem with Lazarus (which I did twice), it was fixed within days.

That's neither lazyness nor poor programming skills - that's great support for a great product!

And Delphi? Yes, it still has a few more features. A smooth and shiny IDE is not that important for me - I just need a text editor basically. And if you take a look at the Delphi 2005 IDE (Personal is still just 2005 if I'm not wrong) - even the biggest Delphi fans admitted that it was crazy slow and crap. 2006 has improved, but then it has those huge memory leaks. You can see how much Borland trusts in its own Delphi IDE by the fact they just sold it.

Or take a look at the Linux and Mac versions. Having a class library, compiler and IDE that works on two platforms is something Borland has given up because it was too much work for them. Lazarus hasn't!

tech-pro

• Tech-Pro.net
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 07:23:41 pm »
Well I'm giving up on Delphi. I'm no longer being paid to write programs. I bought Delphi 2005 because it looked great, and was bitterly disappointed by the instability and the slowness, which 3 patches failed to fix. Now they expect me to buy Delphi 2006 to get rid of the bugs that are left? I can't afford it.

So I'm going to migrate my handful of programs over to Lazarus. They are mostly hobby freeware or shareware that never made much money. In the process I'll probably help find a few bugs in Lazarus, and perhaps convert some Delphi components I've used. It's not the easiest choice, but at least I can't be held to ransom by Borland any more.

I've been a Borland user since Turbo Pascal 3 for DOS in 1985, but Delphi 2005 was the last straw for me.
Julian

mikiwoz

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 09:15:49 am »
It is either laziness, or poor programming skills.

Hey, I should like to ask: why on earth wouldn't YOU write some code to enable dynamic packages, eh? If it's so easy and straightforward, go on, show them Lazarus developers just how lazy they are. I don't have the necessary skills in XML, but I would be really happy to watch you succeed.

Cheers
mike

OnixJr

• http://www.brlazarus.kit.net
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 12:28:42 am »
To Compare too the price of Borland Delphi®+Kylix® (Cross-Plataform support) and performance+bugs of Delphi and Kylix with Lazarus...
Lazarus is best....
Portal Lazarus Brasil - http://lazaruspascal.codigolivre.org.br/portal.php
Lazarus BOOK (in portuguese) - http://lazarus-book.blogspot.com
<hipernetjr@yahoo.com.br> - Curitiba/Brazil

RudieD

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 03:10:34 pm »
Amen !
The FRED Trainer. (Training FRED with Lazarus/FPC)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018