Forum > QT

Native OS X TOpenFile dialog?

(1/2) > >>

VTwin:
I am trying out the Qt widget set on OS X as I understand Carbon is no longer supported on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and the Cocoa widget set is not complete.

I'm using Qt 4.7.4, as 4.8.1 fails, and Lazarus 1 on OS X 1.6.8 in 64 bit mode.

The first issue I am finding is TFileOpen dialog. Is it possible to use the native OS X dialog?

Aside from esthetics, I can not access files on external drives. The Qt dialog only shows 'Computer' and my user directory. All my data resides on external drives and the Qt dialog does not allow access.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Frederick

zeljko:
Yes, build lazarus with -dQT_NATIVE_DIALOGS (and your apps too).

VTwin:
Thank you zeljko!

That worked very well. I did not recompile Lazarus, only my app, as Lazarus works fine.

My understanding is that Qt 4.7.4 is cocoa only, and that Lazarus gui apps are 32 bit only.

Am I correct that my app is now cocoa 32 bit?

Cheers,
Frederick

zeljko:
No,  I don't think that you're right. cocoa is 64bit while carbon is 32bit, so you're using qt carbon 32bit I guess.

VTwin:
Thanks zeljko.

Can anyone confirm? I find references to 32 bit cocoa, and assumed it was running on older 32 bit processors.

I am confused about the status of cocoa/carbon, 32/64 bit. Bottom line is that I want my apps to run on OS X 10.5 to 10.8 with the minimum number of versions I need to compile.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Frederick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version