Recent

Author Topic: component of formatted text  (Read 7631 times)

aguiar

• Ubuntu 14.04
component of formatted text
« on: October 04, 2012, 02:04:09 pm »
a big problem in Lazarus is the lack of a component of type RichText (existing in Delphi) that supports bold, italic, underline, images, etc..
for Windows and Linux.

The components tested do not work properly, and not always in different operating systems.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: component of formatted text
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:53:04 pm »
a big problem in Lazarus is the lack of a component of type RichText (existing in Delphi) that supports bold, italic, underline, images, etc..
for Windows and Linux.
Big? How many applications require it?
The components tested do not work properly, and not always in different operating systems.
What are they? I've tried RichMemo and RichView, and RichMemo works perfectly for me (I don't test images, only text manipulations, because I only need that).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:54:48 pm by Leledumbo »

Dibo

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 11:00:06 pm »
You always can use THTMLPort or TIpHTMLPanel instead of RichView. Of course only if you need display, not edit in runtime

aguiar

• Ubuntu 14.04
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 01:15:20 am »
for Windows and Linux.
Big? How many applications require it?
What are they? I've tried RichMemo and RichView, and RichMemo works perfectly for me (I don't test images, only text manipulations, because I only need that).

Looks like someone had the same problem:

http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23059

joseme

• Logosoft sistemas
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 04:50:45 pm »
I am using CodeTyphon v 2.90, the RichView component palette is working very well here, as you can see in the picture attached.
un aporte a la comunidad:
http://pascalylazarus.blogspot.com/

aguiar

• Ubuntu 14.04
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:58:55 pm »
I am using CodeTyphon v 2.90, the RichView component palette is working very well here, as you can see in the picture attached.

In Windows (its image) can work, but does not work in Linux until compiles and runs, but when you hover over any link displays an error. See image:

joseme

• Logosoft sistemas
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 10:59:17 pm »
Sorry for the delay, but I do not work on Linux, so had to install Ubuntu and everything. After that, I am able to run the demo of RichView without trouble, the links work properly and images and font enhancement shows as expected.
un aporte a la comunidad:
http://pascalylazarus.blogspot.com/

TinyPortal © 2005-2018