Recent

Author Topic: suggestions  (Read 4465 times)

Anonymous

suggestions
« on: January 29, 2006, 04:30:04 am »
I woul absolutely love to see...

1: MDI SUPPORT!!! This would increase the usage of lazarus by boatloads.

2: When you add an event to a component, You already have the cursor go to the location, Make the window maximize and go into top view. more delphi'ish.

NOT SO IMPORTANT

3: A different component system. Other than recompiling, and recompiling, a component database would be a lot easier. Even so, this isn't what really keeps me from using lazarus. Its the issues states above...

Anonymous

RE: suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 04:35:03 am »
Also, maybe move the messages to the bottom of the source window, like delphi, its much better, and feels more right. then the seperate message window. Don't get angry. Just some suggestions...

I hope to see MDI support soon. I'm going to create a GUI front-end with this IDE, of my 2d game creating scripting language....

basic setup is. I create the alpha script interpreter by jacking allegro for all the low level directx stuff, and just parsing through the script with the standard mingw includes and libraries... then I will retreive all the messages from the interpreter to a message window inside the front-end GUI.

its actually a great learning expierence, just thought I would let you guys in on something I will be working on for a while... I'm really excited about it. This will be my first shareware project.

yay!

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: suggestions
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 02:13:19 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
1: MDI SUPPORT!!! This would increase the usage of lazarus by boatloads.

There is a MDI-Like component available here: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/MultiDoc