Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus and Mountain Lion ....  (Read 25330 times)

pasquale

• Esposito Software
Re: Lazarus and Mountain Lion ....
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 03:01:27 pm »
Nope... it's not working...

That's what I suspected. Basically, they are obliging all developers to pay Apple... and the European Commission is complicit as they did absolutely nothing to stop them.
Apple loves breaking backward compatibility to make money. If you want to be sure that your apps will never stop working, use Windows and trash macOS!

pasquale

• Esposito Software
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:01 pm »
Yes i know, but the question was if default Gatekeeper setting allow third-party apps to run.

P.S. I'v now managed to sign it with Developer ID Application certificate (private/public keys are evil thing to manage between more developer machines...) and it's working ok, there is only that ugly dialog that says that your application is downloaded from internet... but it was always there...

How much did you have to pay for it?
Apple loves breaking backward compatibility to make money. If you want to be sure that your apps will never stop working, use Windows and trash macOS!

Shebuka

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 03:14:46 pm »
If you are part of Apple Developer Program it's included in 99 Euro/year, and you can't get it in other ways... Certificates are valid for 5 years, so basically if you don't need to release periodical updates on AppStore its enough to subscribe to it once every five years.

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »
If what you are saying is true, this is very good news since it means that Apple have changed their mind about Gatekeeper's default settings.

Can anybody else please confirm that?

Could it be that my upgrade "inherited" some security settings?
By default it shows me this (see attachment).

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 09:14:37 pm »

Did you do a clean install?

pasquale

• Esposito Software
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »
If what you are saying is true, this is very good news since it means that Apple have changed their mind about Gatekeeper's default settings.

Can anybody else please confirm that?

Could it be that my upgrade "inherited" some security settings?
By default it shows me this (see attachment).

Hansaplast: Your security settings are enough to prevent my applications from being installed on your Mac, since I have not paid Apple to code-sign them.

If you download an app from my Website and try to run it, you will get the same error message that Shebuka got. Try to believe.

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 04:47:23 pm »
pasquale;
I believe you, and I'll be the first to complain with you about adding yet another hurdle to develop apps for the Mac.
I just wanted to know the possible scenario's for when I distribute my own applications.
I'd have to know possible installation issues so I can guide user through the installation process :)

Also note that with my security settings, I did not get a warning after I started a freshly downloaded a Lazarus compiled application without Apple certificate.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:13:38 pm by Hansaplast »

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 05:14:25 pm »
They are mentioned in the text you quoted above. In particular: Command Line Tools must be installed. See my post from 23 May above for more information.

Doh, I totally read over that one ... sorry about that, and thanks for pointing it out (again) :)

pasquale

• Esposito Software
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 06:51:44 pm »
Also note that with my security settings, I did not get a warning after I started a freshly downloaded Lazarus compiled application without Apple certificate.

This is very strange. Probably, since the application was already present on your Mac, you didn't get the warning message as Gatekeeper realized you had already run it before. I think that, if you download an unsigned app from somebody else's Website, you will be prevented from installing it.

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 06:57:18 pm »
Actually the app was not on my Mac installed - I downloaded it, and ran the executable.
But if you look at my security settings you'll see that most of the options are either off or grayed out.

pasquale

• Esposito Software
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 07:20:47 pm »
You are right. It looks like the Gatekeeper options on your Mac are deactivated. That's why you don't get the warning message. (Probably, you just have to click on the lock icon to make changes)

Unfortunately, if Mountain Lion is properly installed, the message pops up.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:28:23 pm by pasquale »

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 03:29:07 pm »
You're probably right about that.
The idea is in essence not bad, but $99/yr is a bit sick.
They at least should provide a free certificate for non-commercial use - but that's a topic you're already in your other post :)

FYI:

I just read some Apple documentation on how to enable/disable Gatekeeper:
To disable Gatekeeper using the spctl command. In Terminal, enter the following command:

Code: [Select]
$ sudo spctl --master-disable
Confirm that Gatekeeper is successfully disabled by entering the following command:

$ spctl --status
With Gatekeeper disabled, the previous command prints the following text in Terminal:

assessments disabled
On my Mac however it says:

spctl --status
assessments enabled

Suggesting that Gatekeeper is enabled ... ?
(specially considering my security settings - see earlier post screenshot)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 03:37:55 pm by Hansaplast »

Shebuka

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 11:21:10 am »

Did you do a clean install?

Yes, and i have your same default settings.

And i have also tried with your application, and it's blocked by Gatekeeper too.

laura94

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 08:06:03 pm »
Hello
I need to use Lazarus for College and I have an iMac with Mountain Lion, so I have downloaded Lazarus, the fpc 2.6.0 and the fpcsrc. I have already Xcode with the Command line tools.
With this I installed Lazarus and fpcsrc, but when I am installing the fpc, at the end of installing it said me Error.
What can I do to solve it? I need something more to install it.

I hope you can help me please.
Thank you, Laura.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018