Recent

Author Topic: Bug in TBCPanel?  (Read 19228 times)

lainz

Re: Bug in TBCPanel?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 10:14:18 pm »
Hi HeDibo, Dibo has the reason, or both *Dibo has it =)

See attached image. I pick the most complex at my reason.

The other part of the solution is easier than Slice scaling? Fading & animations: I've already played with that with TBGRAImageButton. But not to much to presume..

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 10:55:34 pm »
This is really beautiful !  :o :)
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

HeDiBo

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 12:21:22 am »
See attached image. I pick the most complex at my reason.

The other part of the solution is easier than Slice scaling? Fading & animations: I've already played with that with TBGRAImageButton. But not to much to presume..
Hi Lainz,
Have you run the AlphaControls demo?
I don't want to disappoint you, but the beautiful objects you produced, can be done with AlphaControls without any coding. And I'm afraid it will look even better. And it can be themed by the end user, just by selecting a different skin from  the main menu.

Download the demo and have a look at the pascal source. There you see what can be accomplished with very little coding indeed.

I'm saying all this, because I would like the GRA controls to evolve to a stage AlphaControls is in now. For the time being, I'll use GRA controls gratefully as they are. My current projects don't need fancy theming. I just wanted to show you all, what could be possible. But you also have to know that AlphaControls took several years of development before it reached this stage. Let it be an inspiration to GRA developers. I may become one too.

Kind regards ;-}
Dick

lainz

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 01:22:40 am »
Hi Lainz,
Have you run the AlphaControls demo?

I've seen AlphaControls demo a year or two ago. And this new one, I've picked the picture from that example.

Code: [Select]
I don't want to disappoint you, but the beautiful objects you produced, can be done with AlphaControls without any coding. And I'm afraid it will look even better. And it can be themed by the end user, just by selecting a different skin from  the main menu.

Download the demo and have a look at the pascal source. There you see what can be accomplished with very little coding indeed.

I'm saying all this, because I would like the GRA controls to evolve to a stage AlphaControls is in now. For the time being, I'll use GRA controls gratefully as they are. My current projects don't need fancy theming. I just wanted to show you all, what could be possible. But you also have to know that AlphaControls took several years of development before it reached this stage. Let it be an inspiration to GRA developers. I may become one too.

Of course, in Lazarus this can be done with Custom Drawn, without any coding if we create a proper drawer.

HeDiBo

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 11:10:15 am »
Of course, in Lazarus this can be done with Custom Drawn, without any coding if we create a proper drawer.
I'm sorry. That's a gross underestimation of what AlphaControls can do :o
Kind regards ;-}
Dick

lainz

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 08:08:00 pm »
I'm sorry. That's a gross underestimation of what AlphaControls can do :o

Maybe  :D

If you really want to help, check Custom Drawn, Custom Drawn Windows 7 Drawer (that comes with BGRAControls . is not finished). Then try to create fixes to custom drawn (those controls are not finished too).

The cool images is the easy, you can find great free images searching 'windows 7 msstyles' in google and opening the .msstyles files with ResourceHacker.

lainz

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 05:14:27 am »
I've downloaded the full AlphaSkin demo (around 50 mb) and it has an editor. As no surprise, inside the skins there are png and bmp images and an Ini file called 'options.dat'.

In the bmp the background is clFuchsia and the 'alpha' channel is stored in a grayscale right to each resource.

The resources has only 3 stages: normal, hover and pressed, so I suposse than the disabled stage is a grayscale effect. (btw with BGRABitmap those can be converted to PNG with alpha withouth any problems). http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/BGRABitmap_tutorial_5

Edit: also with LazPaint :P you separate the grayscale into another bitmap, then load mask from file and voila =)

It has not resources for High DPI. So, some controls are available only at 96 dpi (checkboxes, radio buttons, tickmarcks, arrows, maximize, minimize, restore and exit button) and most fonts has fixed sizes (at least in the demo), lower than my Windows configuration (120 dpi).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:28:25 am by lainz »

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 11:41:57 am »
So lainz you mean that AlphaSkin works with 9-slice scaling ?

About the 3 stages, may be AlphaSkin add intermediate images by blending 2 stages.
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

lainz

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 11:57:53 am »
So lainz you mean that AlphaSkin works with 9-slice scaling ?

About the 3 stages, may be AlphaSkin add intermediate images by blending 2 stages.

Yes.

Most of skinned applications works with that (now I remember Ares, Winamp..). The biggest example in OS is Windows itself. Also i've seen that Android uses it.

I'dont know in the example i've seen only a disabled tab.. but it isn't gray, the rest of the controls are enabled.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 12:34:51 pm by lainz »

HeDiBo

Alphacontrols?
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 01:38:02 pm »
It has not resources for High DPI. So, some controls are available only at 96 dpi (checkboxes, radio buttons, tickmarcks, arrows, maximize, minimize, restore and exit button) and most fonts has fixed sizes (at least in the demo), lower than my Windows configuration (120 dpi).
All controls are governed by the DPI settings of the form, containers will scale properly, but checkboxes will not.
Fonts can be set to any of the available fonts in the Windows system and to any size.

I'dont know in the example i've seen only a disabled tab.. but it isn't gray, the rest of the controls are enabled.
The disabled state is shown by making the controls more transparent. See the attached picture.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:42:16 pm by HeDiBo »
Kind regards ;-}
Dick

HeDiBo

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 01:52:09 pm »
The resources has only 3 stages: normal, hover and pressed ...
The latest version of AlphaControls (8.80) has even a fifth state for buttons: Default. That's a good idea.
Kind regards ;-}
Dick

lainz

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 05:28:13 pm »
I see the more transparent for disabled.

The resources has only 3 stages: normal, hover and pressed ...
The latest version of AlphaControls (8.80) has even a fifth state for buttons: Default. That's a good idea.

Ok there is some demo for that? Or themes to get the images. In custom Drawn we have 5 state buttons too.

HeDiBo

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 09:22:12 pm »
Ok there is some demo for that? Or themes to get the images. In custom Drawn we have 5 state buttons too.
We're getting awfully off topic here. I started a new topic, where we can exchange ideas about this: http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,18423.0.html
Kind regards ;-}
Dick

HeDiBo

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 10:47:00 pm »
I answered in the new topic http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,18423.msg103937.html#msg103937
Kind regards ;-}
Dick

TinyPortal © 2005-2018