Recent

Author Topic: Lazreport designer shows just a gray panel, no rep design objects on AMD64 Linux  (Read 14160 times)

tkramer3

Lazreport on Lazarus 1.0 under Kubuntu 12.04. Asus MB m5a88v evo,Graphic card:VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RS880 [Radeon HD 4250] 

When I start the designer, i see only a gray panel where the report should be designed. The other widgets look OK. With the stringgrid sample project, I can preview and print the report, but I can not see the design (I can change it, but i can not see what I changed until I preview it). Also, on the stringrid project, in runtime there is a design report button, when I click it, the designer does just show the gray panel, see attached a printscreen .
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:07:46 pm by tkramer3 »

taazz

Re: Lazreport designer shows just a gray panel, no objects on AMD64 Linux
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:10:05 pm »
Have seen it on windows too from time to time I do not remember if it was on lazarus or delphi with freeReport though.

Try to add a new page in your report and switch between them this should force it to refresh correctly you can then delete the second page or the one that does not display correctly but If I remember right you have to do that every time you open the designer.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

tkramer3

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:19:11 pm »
Hello taazz,

Thank you for your superquick answer, I tried it immediately but unfortunately does not work.

tkramer3

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 09:16:22 am »
I tried this on an MSI AMD64 laptop also on Kubuntu 12.04 with Mobility Radeon HD 4200 and this works OK. I remembered I read somewhere it could be caused by 32 -> 24 bit graphics conversion, the Mobility 4200 is probably a simpler video interface or is controlled differently. 

tkramer3

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 09:32:10 pm »
I installed Kubuntu 12.10 on my MSI Laptop and Lazarus 1.0 on top of that and now... the same problem on this machine  to  :'(

Nobody else got this?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:34:32 pm by tkramer3 »

cpalx

Try to use GTK instead od QT. I think the bug is in the QT interfaces. If everythings go ok, then report in bugtracker.

tkramer3

Thank you for your reply cpaix,

I did this under GTK, I have tried to get it running under QT to see if that works, but I had trouble building the IDE under QT, so I could not test under QT.

jesusr

tkramer3 have you tried Lazarus 1.0.2?

I cannot reproduce the problem.

tkramer3

Thank you for your reply,

I just tried this on 2 machines, the desktop on which I reported this first, and the MSI laptop. They both still have this problem with Lazarus 1.0.2. I uninstalled lazarus by purging with dpkg the fpc, fpc-src and lazarus packages, and removing the .lazarus directory under my home directory, and install the new DEB packages.

Everything looks fine, but as soon as I open the Lazreport designer, the gray panel reappears. I can place bands, texts and pictures, nothing appears in the designer, but when I do a preview they show up in the report. I also checked I can add pages, in various formats and orientations,  they do not appear in the designer except for the tab, but they all show up in the preview, with correct size and orientation. 

tkramer3

Just found a somewhat laborious but straightforward solution: I installed Debian  Wheezy with KDE (and Gnome, which is the default when you install from internet), on the desktop machine and Lazarus 1.0.2 on top of that, and with this, lazreport designer works OK.

Kubuntu basically is Debian + KDE but I guess some package is missing in Kubuntu or a different version is being deployed or some Gnome package is active.

Yesterday I also tried Ubuntu 12.10, but after installing Lazarus I did not even get a main menu bar, I had to use CTRL <F>  or <ALT> F to do anything with it.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:27:11 pm by tkramer3 »

neodarkman

I use the Lazarus 1.0.6 and have a same problem.
But, if a run lazarus as root, lazreports works....  :o

will be a bug?

Ps.: sorry my english, I'm brazilian.

tkramer3

Hello Neodarkmen,

Are you also using AMD64 and Kubuntu?

I reported this as a bug, but the developer could not reproduce the problem (See post jesusr of nov 7  2012). I tried as root and by doing this, Lazreport also works OK. This can probably be used as a hint for reproducing this problem, and perhaps solving it.

neodarkman

Hello Neodarkmen,

Are you also using AMD64 and Kubuntu?

I reported this as a bug, but the developer could not reproduce the problem (See post jesusr of nov 7  2012). I tried as root and by doing this, Lazreport also works OK. This can probably be used as a hint for reproducing this problem, and perhaps solving it.

Hi..
Yes, I'm using (core2quad Q6600) and kubuntu 64bits.

Lazarus 1.0.6 and Freepascal 2.6.2
[]'s

jesusr

Please try changing your Kubuntu theme.

neodarkman

Please try changing your Kubuntu theme.
Do you think the theme (default) Oxygen has something to do with it?
I'm usign KDE 4.8.5.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018