Recent

Author Topic: ARM crosscompiling  (Read 19057 times)

djdjdjole

Re: ARM crosscompiling
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 08:34:19 am »
Command strip -s <executable>, when called from shell, says: Unable to recognize the format of the input file <executable>. Probably, because <executable> is not in the format for current distribution, but crosscompiled binary.
Still, this file works on target.
Files that I compiled with Lazarus1.1 were around 2.5Mb of size.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 02:28:56 pm »
Command strip -s <executable>, when called from shell, says: Unable to recognize the format of the input file <executable>. Probably, because <executable> is not in the format for current distribution, but crosscompiled binary.
Ah yes, sorry. I forgot about that :-[
If you have arm-linux-strip you can use that

djdjdjole

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 07:22:14 pm »
Many congratulations to you Leledumbo. I have arm-linux-strip that was generated during process of building root file system and it did the job. Now, executables are 2.5MB.
Meanwhile I tried few more combinations (speaking of software versions) related to building Lazarus for crosscompilation process and later for building applications for ARM boards. What I described, earlier was the only combination that worked for me.
I don't know if there exists some classification what combinations of compileres and Lazarus version can be used, and also to give satisfactory binaries for target ARM boards. However I doubt, because there are for example few different 2.5.1 source versions (different file sizes).

djdjdjole

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:25 am »
For those interested, a better combination that works OK iz 2.4.2 RPM package for starting FPC, then it compile FPC 2.6.0  sources and with it, Lazarus 1.0 can be compiled and later, generate valid ARM application.
That was GTK, but regarding Qt, I have a question.
After successful building of Qt application (i386) in Lazarus I intend to build linux root file system for my ARM board that will include Qt support.
However, I don't know if I have to build root file system with X11 support also, in orther to create Qt applications, that intend to be build in Lazarus.
I was told that there is no need for that and what is needed is to start Qt application with "-qws" option. It sounds strange to me, because in that case program shoud have to analyze what option is entered. My opinion is that such statement is valid only if I compile with QtCreator.
Any help ?

Regards

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 02:44:20 pm »
for embedded qtlcl you must use -dQTOPIA afair, but on my Nokia N9 I'm using qt as it is , since it have an X11 server running.

djdjdjole

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 06:25:10 pm »
Thanks Zeljko, but as I don't know about dQTOPIA, can you point me at some articles/sites, where I can learn more. Once more, does it mean that I don't need X server in that case if I want to use Lazarus for programing ?

Regards

TinyPortal © 2005-2018