Forum > Other

freepascal for dos

(1/1)

slenkar:
when i use the freepascal IDE in DOSbox it always says 'out of memory'

when I start up the IDE it says cant find 'cwsdpmi.swp' which isnt in the freepascal download anywhere.

This is probably why it hasnt got any memory, so where is cwsdpmi.swp?

EDIT- I created a file called cwsdpmi.swp and used the -s flag to point to it and it worked.

Then I had to change the unit directory to put the real path to the units,

Now when I try to compile programs it just says 'linker error'

Could it be because im using dosbox inside windows vista and it hasnt got permission to create files?

Leledumbo:
Do you really use FreePascal for DOS in the DOSBox? Or are you using WinXX version through DOSBox? In the latter case, there might be problems. Use the actual one compiled for DOS.

marcov:
My guess is that for some reason the dos extender can't find any upper memory, and resorts to swapping.

I would try to fix the first problem (increase usable memory inside the dosbox, e.g. by installing himem.sys or something), and not spend time on the swapping stuff too much.

(probably it requires some form of cwsdpmi configuration with env vars or so that is usually not necessary, but that dosbox triggers)

slenkar:
im definetly using the dos version, my only problem now is that it says 'linker error' but gives no more information

marcov:
See above, I think it is more a dos/dosbox configuration problem than a linker problem. Somehow workarounds for low mem kicks in, which were never really used much with FPC (since machines had typically at least 4-8 MB when dos was still an active FPC target)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version