Forum > Android

Application.processmessages does not seem to work

<< < (2/2)

Kostas:

--- Quote from: felipemdc on June 14, 2012, 08:28:13 pm ---Do you have controls which completely cover the form? LCL-CustomDrawn will attempt to auto-detect this situation and if it is so, it will skip drawing the form (or for that matter any completely covered control).

--- End quote ---

Exactly this was the problem!
Thank you!

Kostas:
I have now the problem that the TBitmap32 of Graphics32 needs around 350ms to draw itsself on the LazCanvas.
This is too slow for doing any kind of animations.
I get about 2 to 3 frames per second.

The code part is in GR32_Backends_LCL_CustomDrawn in TLCLBackend.DoPaint:
    ACanvas.Draw(0, 0, FBitmap);
This needs as i said around 350ms to draw on my Smartphone.

I tried the changes as suggested from meanderix in his post above but the application crashes immediately and does not start.

Any idea what i could have done wrong or how to make the drawing part faster?

Kostas

meanderix:
Hi Kostas,

--- Quote from: Kostas on June 26, 2012, 11:17:53 pm ---I tried the changes as suggested from meanderix in his post above but the application crashes immediately and does not start.

--- End quote ---

I'm attaching a patch that can be applied to the current SVN version of GR32_Backends_LCL_CustomDrawn.pas. Note that I have added a conditional define ASSUME_ABGR. When this is enabled it should be a lot faster, but colors now use the ABGR pixel format (you could redefine TColor32Entry in GR32.pas to reflect this.)

Cheers,
Mattias

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version