Recent

Author Topic: lazarus menue-items with german umlauts are invisible  (Read 6859 times)

georg

lazarus menue-items with german umlauts are invisible
« on: December 22, 2005, 06:49:36 pm »
my OS is SuSE Linux 9.3 with KDE as windowmanager and german as dafault language. Although I tried serveral settings menue-items with german umlauts remain invisible. Starting lazarus from bash results with the following messages:

" /home/georg/.kde/share/config/gtkrc:37: error: unexpected identifier `gtk-altern                         ative-button-order', expected keyword - e.g. `style'
TApplication.IconChanged - TODO: convert this message...no implementation in gtk                          or win32
NOTE: miscellaneous options file not found - using defaults
HINWEIS: CodeTools-Konfigurationsdatei nicht gefunden - verwende Voreinstellunge                         n
NOTE: help options config file not found - using defaults
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree B OnlyIntf=True  /home/georg/Programmieren/Lazarus_T                         utorial/trymysql.pas
TMainIDE.DoLoadLFM A /home/georg/Programmieren/Lazarus_Tutorial/trymysql.pas Tru                         e
TMainIDE.DoLoadLFM AncestorClassName=TForm AncestorType=TForm"

Is my problem a result of wrong gtk-settings? Or is there a problem of wrong settings of lazarus

Anonymous

RE: lazarus menue-items with german umlauts are invisible
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 07:38:15 pm »
I've got more or less the same problem trying to use some characters in breton-based programs like 'Ñ'.  The code editor refuses them even when the font I use (courier) has got them. I made a test trying to find a way round, using #XXXX :
procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
var xx : char;
begin
  xx:= #209;                    // code for 'Ñ', 0X00D1 in hexa
  Label1.Caption:= xx;
end;

To no avail : at first run the prog displays a plain 'N' instead of the expected character. I tried to change the Label's font property to 'nimbus' just to see, knowing that Ñ belongs to this font. It was worse : my window displayed a big 'C' whenI ran the program... I'im runing Lazarus under mandriva 2005 LE and KDE.

Thanks for your help

Kristen

felipemdc

• Administrator
RE: lazarus menue-items with german umlauts are invisible
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 12:36:55 am »
Can you guys add bug reports for this?

Here is the link: http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mantis/

This way someone will be assigned to fix the problem and it won't be forgotten.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018